Due to the measures in place in response to coronavirus please check the official page of this event for any possible further details on cancellation / postponement.
May 2022 will see the 13th edition of the Amsterdam Whisky Weekend! With countless kinds of whisky and live Scottish music, this is a superb event in Amsterdam for the whisky-lover or anyone curious about whisky.
The world of whisky
This two-day event is a must for anyone who has even a passing interest in the drink because some of the world’s top whisky distilleries will be showcasing their spirits in the beautiful Posthoornkerk. Enter this magnificent church and you'll find more kids of whisky than you'll ever see in any of the bars in the Netherlands.
More than 30 stalls, workshops and tasting sessions will initiate you into the world of whisky, accompanied by sprightly Scottish music! Virtually all brands will be available to buy, but guests are also free to just wander through the stalls and soak up the atmosphere.
Three whisky-tasting sessions
The session timetable is as follows:
- Session 1: May 13, 7pm to 10.30pm
- Session 2: May 14, 1pm to 4.30pm
- Session 3: May 14, 7pm to 10.30pm
The Whisky Weekend programme
At a Whisky Weekend session you can:
- Receive a welcome whisky including a special Glencairn glass and a bottle of water.
- Try a tasting masterclass in the cellars of the Posthoornkerk.
- Smell and taste the different whiskies at various stalls, and for a fee, you can also try the more luxury brands.
- Follow a tasting tour through the church.
- Gather extensive info and explanations about the featured beverage.
- Browse stalls that offer Scottish-themed products, books and magazines about whisky.
Order your Whisky Weekend tickets
Can you already taste the barley and bourbon? Order tickets to the Whisky Weekend now. The event is only open to those aged 18 or older.
If you love events related to whisky but can't make it to this one, look out for other whisky festivals in the Netherlands, such as International Whisky Festival The Hague and The Spirit of Amsterdam.