January 2019 will see the 11th edition of the Amsterdam Whisky Weekend!
The world of whisky
This two-day event is a must for anyone who has even a passing interest in the drink, because some of the world’s top whisky distilleries will be showcasing their spirits in the beautiful Posthoornkerk.
More than 30 stalls, workshops and tasting sessions will initiate you into the world of whisky, accompanied by sprightly Scottish music! Virtually all brands will be available to buy, but guests are also free to just wander through the stalls and soak up the atmosphere.
Three whisky-tasting sessions
The session timetable is as follows:
- Session 1: January 18, 7pm until 10.30pm
- Session 2: January 19, 1pm until 4.30pm
- Session 3: January 18, 7pm until 10.30pm
The Whisky Weekend programme
At a Whisky Weekend session you can:
- Receive a welcome whisky including a special Glencairn glass and a bottle of water.
- Try a tasting masterclass in the cellars of the Posthoornkerk.
- Smell and taste the different whiskies at various stalls, and for a fee you can also try the more luxury brands.
- Follow a tasting tour through the church.
- Gather extensive info and explanations about the featured beverage.
- Browse stalls that offer Scottish-themed products, books and magazines about whisky.
Can you already taste the barley and bourbon? Order tickets to the Whisky Weekend now. The event is only open to those aged 18 or older.