Senior Scala Developer Rotterdam | Very innovative products that will impact hundreds of millions of people all over the world| 100% inhouse & Greenfield | Scala, Akka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS | Salary up to € 83.000
Updated: 12 Jun 2019
Vacancy: Senior Scala Developer Rotterdam
- Would you enjoy working on very tangible products that will be used by millions of people all over the world?
- Do you love to work within a very modern software engineering environment where you release functionalities multiple time per day?
- Would you enjoy building reactive and data driven software while working with Scala, Akka, Play!, Kafka and Heroku?
- Do you love to work with awesome colleagues so that every day you can spar and learn from each other?
Then wait no longer my friend, this is the job you have been waiting for!
Your employer: Very innovative products that will impact hundreds of millions of people all over the world
This 100% technology company is working on various high impact products that will soon be used by hundreds of millions of people all over the world. So the impact that you can have here is enormous. Within a full on agile, microservices, reactive and functional programming environment multiple very experienced autonomous software engineering teams are working on various products that will play a key role in one of the most important industries of the planet. Think real time, heavy load, very data driven systems that will enable a digital revolution within the industry.
For years they have invested in their engineering department which is why you can hook into working with some of the most skilled (functional programming) backend and data engineers in the country! Some of the biggest companies on the planet have already shown their interest in these products, so they are bound to take off soon. This is the ideal moment to step on board and ride this wave of innovation, experimentation and fun!
Your role: Senior Scala Developer Rotterdam
In your role as Senior Scala Developer Rotterdam you will get to work in one of the multiple autonomous Scala teams. You will be working closely with all disciplines to build great features that will impact millions of people all around the planet. As their roadmap is packed for the coming years you are looking forward to an action packed ride in which you can still really make an impact.
As teams are autonomous there is a lot of freedom to together choose what works best for you. Also, as you are moving within a blue ocean (no real competitors) there still is a lot of room to experiment and build cool new features to the new clients/requirements coming in.
As Senior Scala Developer Rotterdam you will work within a large group of multiple very experienced teams that have great knowledge around functional & reactive programming, building microservices, delivery and test automation and cloud, so there is a lot of room to spar and learn from each other. Although moving forward you will also be hiring more junior and medior developers, so up to you (and your fellow senior team members) to help them develop themselves.
What is required?
- A minimum of 5 years of professional development experience using a JVM language
- Professional experience with Scala and a keen interest in functional programming
- MSc level of thinking and working
- Experience with Akka streams or typed is a plus
- Eager to learn, grow and spar with other colleagues
- A DevOps mindset (writing and running your own code)
- Experience within a microservices environment is highly preferred
- Experience with AWS or Heroku is a plus
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with Delivery & test automation is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 60.000 and € 83.000 gross per year
- The possibility to work 32, 36, 4×9 and 40 hours
- 100% paid pension
- Travelling costs compensated
- Flexible working hours
- Awesome office with great facilities
- Annual training budget to visit seminars, conferences and do courses
- Macbook or Laptop
Are you interested in doing functional programming with Scala and make a big global impact within multiple very data driven real time products?
Apply now via the form below or send your resume to Serge Warbout, via firstname.lastname@example.org
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week