Senior Scala Developer Delft (South-Holland) | Highly Successful Tech Scale-Up Brings Freedom to over half a billion Europeans! | Pure FP | Scala, Cats, Cats-effect, fs2, Microservices & DDD | €90.000
Updated: 15 Apr 2022
Your job: Senior Scala Developer Delft
- Do you want to work for a successful tech-scale up with big funding, great ambitions that fulfil a fundamental need for half a billion people in Europe?
- Would you want to join a medium-sized company when you could still make a difference, help achieve its global potential and make a big impact?
- Do you have professional experience with functional programming and would you love to work professionally with Scala, Cats, DDD within a very high quality and intellectual stimulating software engineering environment?
Then wait no longer, this is your job!
Your employer: Bring online freedom to over half a billion European citizens!
This Delft-based tech scale-up is in a very exciting position! They are sitting on top of gold, as what they are working on which will give online freedom and security to over half a billion European citizens!
Some of the smartest intellectuals and software engineering specialists are working together to model and engineer some super intellectual stimulating concepts into this revolutionary product: High quality, super secure, streaming data and highly scalable. As they have offices in Delft and in Amsterdam, you can work in whichever you like but for now, everything is done remotely. Sounds interesting? Thought you would like it!
Their culture is open, informal, driven with a can-do mentality. Their founders are experienced, have worked for the bigger tech giants and know all too well how to build very successful technology companies. If you want to work with people that love to think of solutions that solve real-life problems of millions you have come to the right place!
Your role: Senior Scala Developer Delft
The great thing about your role as Senior Scala Developer Delft is that finally, you can quench your thirst for pure functional programming! No prior Scala professional experience is needed, although you of course do need professional programming experience within one or more functional languages and should be willing to learn and work with Scala, Cats (-effect), Docker and Kubernetes here.
In your role, you are joining at the right time as you will get to help mature the product, with many different services still needs to be built from scratch by using pure functional Scala (cats). Together with your very experienced and passionate FP/Scala colleagues, you will build the product so it can achieve its amazing potential and make it scale for millions.
As a lot of work still needs to be done you will be involved in architecture, design and expanding the various product lines. While keeping track of resilience, performance and security. You will get to get professional experience with DDD and chip in modelling their complex domain. If you like to be mentally challenged this is definitely for you!
As this tech scale-up is growing fast you can look forward to amazing career growth. Both as a principal functional programming backend engineer or team leadership and/or architecture as many new teams will be formed in the future.
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional backend development experience
- Professional experience with functional programming in one or more functional languages and a fundamental passion for FP
- Experience working within a microservices architecture
- A quality mindset: (clean coding, CI, proper testing, etc.)
- Experience with Sala, Cats or similar would be a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with DDD is a big plus
- Experience with NoSQL is a plus
- Experience with Cloud is a plus
What is offered?
- Between € 75.000 and € 90.000 gross per year based on 40 hours
- + 100% fully paid pension!
- 26 holidays
- The possibility to work 40, 36 or 32 hours
- Working from home possibilities (currently 100%)
- Flexible working hours
- Travelling compensation paid for you
- MacBook or laptop
Are you passionate about functional programming and solving intellectually stimulating challenges every day that brings online freedom to over half a billion Europeans?
Be sure to send mail your CV to Roy Schaper via. [email protected] or respond via the form below.
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week