Software Asset Management Analyst - CRH
Updated: 15 Oct 2021
CRH are looking for a Software Asset Management Analyst based in our offices in Amsterdam.
In this exciting role the successful candidate will enable CRH Europe IT to become more mature in license management, which requires a solid Internal control framework and governance. This includes designing and implementing IT software policies, methodologies, tools, and standards, as well as maintaining an accurate record of software assets and utilisation.
You'll also provide management reports on compliance, risks and trends requiring action and a proposed mitigation plan.
In this role you will be responsible for a number of tasks including:
- Developing and implementing software asset management policies to drive standardise processes
- Verifying software deployment data by discussion with the contract owner and identify under-deployments in order to realise potential cost savings and also over-deployments that require the acquisition of additional licenses
- Educate business stakeholders on how to avoid software non-compliance and optimise use.
- Analyse information, perform risk assessments and report writing
- Stakeholder management to maintain and govern software asset management: e.g. vendors, the business, IT Leadership Team and the Procurement and Legal departments
- License management from different perspectives, including the management of 3rd party vendors, audit liaison across Europe, maintaining commercial agreements (together with Procurement), merger, acquisition and disposal programmes and identifying with the contract owner software maintenance renewal requirements
- Proactive management of the European License compliance program, to ensure compliance, efficiency and maximum value
- Regular interaction with the Legal, Procurement and (business) IT Teams
- Supporting negotiations with specific software suppliers (Microsoft, SAP) and external audit.
To be successful in the role you'll need to be:
- An analytical thinker, capable of driving results
- Capable of assisting in developing and deploying key governance, processes and procedures regarding software asset management
- Capable of discussing software deployments with contract owners and identifying opportunities and risks
- Experienced in your ability to guide business units through the process of software management
- Experienced in developing specific software asset management for large software vendors e.g. SAP, IBM, Oracle
- A confident communicator, pro-active and enthusiastic
- Fluent in English, other languages are beneficial
- Bachelor or Masters Degree qualified (desirable) or equivalent relevant experience (desirable)
- Adept at working in cross-functional teams on a European or Global level
- Experienced in IT asset management and Discovery Tools (particularly in SNOW)
WORKING AT CRH
As a multinational and multicultural organization, CRH recognizes that our diverse and talented global workforce is critical to sustaining competitive advantage and long-term success. At CRH we want to challenge all of our employees to reach their full potential and play their part in the success of our business. We place a strong focus on developing and empowering our employees to help ensure that we have the talent and capabilities we need now and in the future. We also strive to provide an attractive, rewarding and stimulating modern work environment that will engage and inspire our employees to meet the ever evolving standards and expectations of our customers.
We offer an international workplace with a lot of opportunities, freedom and flexibility. As such, self - starters who enjoy working in a challenging environment and who can play a role in shaping our future are encouraged to join CRH. We take care of our employees and therefore offer a generous total rewards package, a diverse and inclusive culture and professional development opportunities.
What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Competitive base pay
- On-site gym at our offices
- 30 vacation days
- Discount on collective health insurance
- Excellent opportunities to develop and progress with a global organization
CRH is the leading global diversified building materials business in the world, employing more than 70,000 people at 3,100 locations worldwide. We manufacture and supply a diverse range of superior building materials and products, used extensively in the built environment, in infrastructure, housing and commercial construction projects, of all sizes, all across the world. Each day, millions of people around the world come into contact with our materials and products which help fulfill the basic human need of shelter and the infrastructure we need for our societies to thrive.