Updated: 14 Oct 2021
What You'll Do
- Own the monthly payroll for Via across several European jurisdictions, currently including France, Germany, the Netherlands, and Southern Europe. In doing so, work closely with the People Operations team to ensure accurate and timely reflection of payroll changes.
- Work in tandem with our various external payroll partners to understand tax requirements for new jurisdictions, changes in wage and tax laws, and other regulatory changes that may impact payroll.
- Perform periodic audits of our payroll data to ensure accuracy of employee pay information. Design and implement process improvements and internal controls to the payroll process.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, reporting and account reconciliations, and other assignments as needed to support the broader team.
- Support the People Operations team on benefits administration across Europe to ensure accurate benefit deductions and record keeping.
- Lead all aspects of the monthly financial reporting process as it relates to payroll. Produce additional reporting as needed for other internal and external purposes on employee headcount and payroll-related information.
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, and People Operations to identify partners and implement payroll processes.
- Respond to employee questions and concerns as it relates to their pay.
- Exercise the highest degree of confidentiality relative to all payroll information and employee privacy initiatives.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of relevant payroll experience in Europe
- Ability to perform payroll functions with minimum supervision and make independent decisions
- Passionate about improving processes and developing innovative solutions
- You don't shy away from the details, and you're committed to completing each task with the highest degree of accuracy
- Tech savvy, with a strong understanding of the landscape of HRIS systems and proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Have demonstrated experience in partnering with internal teams
- Have a flexible approach with proven skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Great written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate across different levels of our organization
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong academic record
- Fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience with Workday
- Fluency in additional European languages
- An opportunity to work with a very excting and innovative, well funded scale up
- Stock options
- 25 payed holidays
- € 100,- per month for health insurance
We're Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities - from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility - the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transport authorities, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We're committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?