Researcher Soil and Climate
Updated: 23 Sep 2022
Are you an enthusiastic researcher with strong analytical skills and knowledge of agriculture, soils and greenhouse gas emissions and experienced in project management? Do you have affinity with initiating and conducting applied research in the field of soils and climate change mitigation? Perhaps this position can be the job for you!
We are looking for a new, ambitious colleague because of the increasing demand for our research. As (Senior) Researcher Soil and Climate you will initiate, lead and carry out projects on soil use and climate change mitigation. Your work contributes to high impact studies on climate mitigation in agriculture, carbon sequestration, nutrient cycles and scenario studies. Carbon farming, monitoring of soil carbon sequestration and climate neutrality in the EU agriculture, land use and forestry sectors are important research topics. These projects are funded by different institutions and companies, like the Dutch government, the European Commission and (inter)national companies. Good communicative skills are required, and you should have a good (international) network. Do you have scientific ambitions? This job offers possibilities to write scientific publications. Finally, you will become part of an enthusiastic team of researchers that works on the most pressing environmental issues. Read more on our team page here.
- Relevant academic study in soil science, earth science, environmental science or related sciences.
- Experience in applied science or a PhD in agriculture and environment
- Experience with leading research projects
- Knowledge of agriculture, soils and the role of soils in climate change mitigation
- Preferably knowledge of modelling
- An analytical mindset
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and oral) and preferably of the Dutch language
We offer a meaningful and international work environment characterized by hardworking professionals who perform in multidisciplinary teams. Furthermore, Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
In addition to these first-rate employee benefits, you will of course receive a good salary. We offer a contract for 24 months with the possibility of a permanent contract after two years when funding allows. Furthermore we offer, depending on your experience, a gross monthly salary of between €2.949,- and €5.479,- for a full-time working week of 36 hours, in accordance with the CLA Wageningen Research (scale 11).
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a multi-faceted position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
36 hours per week