Junior Business Analyst
Updated: 13 Oct 2021
We are looking for a Junior Business Analyst, a career starter, to support the head of IT across all areas of the growing IT/Data department. We need an aspiring IT generalist with a solid understanding of data and IT processes to support a diverse range of projects across the full consumer electronics retail landscape.
The constant flow of innovative IT and data projects and a broad remit will provide you with the opportunity to learn and grow while you contribute to the efficiency of the analyst team.
The lean international team (15 people and growing) supports the global organization of around 50.000 employees and your role will have you interacting with each of the 27 Member organizations across the EMEA & CIS regions.
1. Support of Implementation of International IT System:
- Maintenance of user stories, sprint & resource planning + help define and map new processes and translate them into requirements;
- Introducing new users to the platform, Manual & Tutorial maintenance;
- Management of Member feedback including actioning changes required to system.
2. Support of Data Analytics team & IT initiatives:
- Help coordinate Group IT, Data, AI projects, pilots, PoCs;
- Support the Analytics team to roll out new solutions;
- Internal support with improving existing & designing new IT frameworks for Member/Supplier evaluation processes;
- Gather insights about IT/Data trends in the Market, Suppliers and Competitors;
- Continuous scouting for new and innovative IT tools for our company;
- Monitor and evaluate currently running data integration projects.
3. Product Information Management Support
- First point of contact for support of international PIM rollout;
- Standardise product categorisation to enable better data analytics from Members, Suppliers & Third parties;
- Align with Suppliers and Third parties on centrally shared Product Information;
- Integrate and maintain central Product Information.
4. Office IT Infrastructure Support
- Support negotiation of contracts with existing and potential suppliers for office IT to minimise costs at the maximum efficiency level;
- Support with resolving first basic issues with office PCs, network, etc;
- University (or HBO) degree in IT with a focus on data/financial analytical skills
- Ideally 1 years' experience in a similar role;
- Outstanding skills in Excel, with Azure data technologies and DevOps software development methodology experiences being strong pluses;
- Fluent spoken and written English, with other European languages, especially Dutch, a plus;
- Inter-personal skills across all levels and cultures and attention to detail;
- A highly flexible approach and solution driven mind-set;
- Committed, resilient, eager to learn and participate and ready to own your assignments end-to-end;
- Demonstrated success in project management during your studies and/or initial work experience.
We offer you
- A full time 40-hour week, with flexibility - if you are with us then we are with you;
- 25 days paid annual leave + generous public holiday policy;
- Daily travel allowance;
- An excellent pension scheme;
- 3:2 hybrid working environment: at least 3 days per week in the newly renovated offices in a growing (and green) business park close to Schiphol airport with all the transport connections that provides + 2 days in your home location with support provided to ensure a healthy remote workplace.
40 hours per week
An international association of over 14,000 independent electrical retailers in 36 countries.It functions as a leading international electrical retail group on behalf of its members, and is based in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in the position and do you have the required skills and experience? Do you live in Amsterdam region? Please send us your CV with a short letter of motivation. For more information feel free to call us at 020-5738383.