DevOps Engineer - Springboot/Java
Posted: 22 May 2023
DevOps Engineer - Springboot/Java
You play a vital role in our Agile DevOps Squad. With your passion for a programming and quality, you take Swisscom to the next level.
What you move?
In an agile environment, you implement high-quality, cloud-native, secure software products using state-of-the-art methods and tools. Your team belongs to "Technology Domain Engineering" tribe, that act as an enabler for multiple application teams to migrate it to AWS. Focusing on security and ethics, we develop products, integration services to internal systems and external companies via APIs. Together, we develop API as products that are published online. You help us build safe, secure, and high-performing services for our customers. You work in an international, geographically distributed team with Agile methodologies. Mainly, you create cloud native microservices and deploy in AWS Kubernetes environment. Our technology stack is Java-based, and the chosen framework is SpringBoot. You will containerize applications, use CI/CD pipeline to deploy, you test and monitor using cutting-edge methodologies. Working end-to-end, you are responsible for the whole application lifecycle.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, telecommunication, or a comparable subject.
- Experienced in Java development, using the Spring Boot framework, and creating cloud-native applications.
- Familiarity with Angular, RabbitMQ, Kafka is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS Services, Kubernetes environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of development tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in REST API/microservice development.
- General know-how of SQL and Non-SQL Databases.
- Ready to address operational issues through DevOps.
- Team-oriented, take on responsibility and ownership, flexible and proactive, eager to learn and experiment with new technologies, data, and tools, a flair for continuous improvement.
- Enthusiastic about working in a distributed agile working setup using methods like Scrum/Kanban.
- Very good English written and spoken skills.
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays