Software PA Support Engineer
Updated: 22 May 2020
Are you an Engineer with a Master's Degree and with at least 4 years of relevant experience in the space sector? Are you familiar with space product assurance practices? If so, this opportunity might be for you.
We are looking for a Software PA Support Engineer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). Read more about this exciting opportunity and apply today!
- Contribute to the establishment of the programmatic and technical software PA requirements within the framework of the ESA Software policy.
- Evaluate Contractors' plans, technical specifications and efforts proposed for the execution of the S/W PA programme.
- Monitor and evaluate S/W PA analyses, reports and technical notes.
- Participate to project reviews, meetings, Configuration Control Boards, Non-conformance Review Boards and Software Review Boards.
- Prepare design trade-offs, analyses and reports using metrics to support project decisions.
- Participate to software product evaluations and process assessments.
- Establish and maintain databases to track NCRs, RFWs, action items etc.
- Master's degree in software engineering or computer science with background on space engineering.
- At least 4 years of professional working experience.
- Familiarity with space product assurance practices together with a good working knowledge of appropriate working tools.
- Practical experience in applying ECSS S/W standards.
- Knowledge and proven experience in the following areas: o Configuration management of complex systems.
- Software engineering and PA in critical applications.
- Experience on (or knowledge of) the following areas would be considered as an asset for this position:
- Agile practices (e.g. Scrum Master / Product Owner; other Agile frameworks as SAFE, Lean or Kanban).
- Quality assurance for Machine Learning models.
- Big Data software architectures and life-cycles.
- Data quality assurance.
- Cyber-security assurance, security evaluation and certification, ISO-27001.
- Hands-on experience with static code analysis and tools.
- Alternative software development life-cycles, continuous integration and tools.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.
ESTEC- European Space Agency