Senior Control Engineer at Lightyear
Updated: 28 Feb 2021
What do we expect from a Senior control Engineer at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You can work within the team or independently and you plan your budget and time well. You are flexible and can work under pressure. Furthermore we are looking for someone with:
- Master's Degree in control systems or similar, e.g., dynamic systems, mechatronics, robotics.
- At least 2+ years of working experience as a Senior Control Engineer
- Perform listed tasks & responsibilities in a self-sufficient manner
- Be a critical thinker with a good overview of the whole system you bear responsibility for
- Not afraid to speak up and reach out to various stakeholders
- Able to research, study and understand dynamics of unfamiliar systems quickly
- Implement the control design process in the project team planning
- Ability to design and conduct experiments (mostly for model validation and system calibration)
- Log data on the fly, quickly analyse and make calibration or code changes on the spot
- System identification, physical modeling, PID control, model-based control, Observer design, optimization
- Matlab, Simulink, C/C++ (basic)
- English is mandatory
On a personal level you can relate to the following characteristics; You are (Self-) Critical, a System thinker, Able to strike a good balance between quality/performance and cost, Technically creative and have Willingness to take on responsibility and to contribute beyond your own scope.