Posted: 17 Aug 2019
IT & Technology
Content Guru delivers cloud communications solutions that help organizations provide the best customer engagement and experience. From the omni-channel cloud contact center solution to bespoke integration systems, Content Guru uses cutting-edge technology to transform communications and make mass personalization a reality. This includes development of AI and propensity modelling to create the seamless end-to-end customer journeys that inspire loyalty and power the success of organizations wor...
- Design the architecture of new application components and achieve internal sign off for development specifications where required.
- Develop browser-based applications and features to meet customer/project requirements.
- Use the company’s chosen methodology/process eg Agile.
- Thoroughly test new features or developments to make sure they perform the desired task correctly in all cases. Test sites / applications in different browsers (versions), as necessary.
- Work with Quality Assurance teams/processes to validate builds ready for launch.
- Launch development projects, staying available to ensure success. Ensure all change processes are followed.
- Ensure appropriate documentation/updates are provided to relevant colleagues/customers.
- Problem solve and fix bugs as discovered/reported.
- Perform ongoing maintenance or upgrade of the platform as required, following internal change procedures at all times.
- Review colleagues’ code and work as required prior to changes.
- Build and maintain databases when relevant.
- Share ideas and work on projects for improving applications, process or the wider platform.
- Review projects/deployments and learn lessons to improve future performance.
- Design and pilot prototype applications where required.
- Stay up to date with trends and technological advancements in web development. Learn and test new technologies, frameworks and languages as relevant.
- Good experience in SQL and using relation databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and PostGRES
- Experience in source control, in particular Git
- Experience working with an Agile environment, in particular Scrum, and applying supporting practices such as TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Knowledge and experience working to OWASP ASVS or equivalent application security standards.
- Experience in developing containerising applications with Docker and using orchestration such as Docker Swarm or Kubernetes.
- Experience in NoSQL databases such as ElasticSearch.
- Experience in using test tools such as Selenium Web Driver, SoapUI, Burp Suite
- Good attention to detail
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to work in a team.
- Able to understand the impact of functionality on customers/appreciate customer needs