Postdoc on biocatalyst immobilization
Updated: 15 Oct 2023
Are you motivated to contribute to a more efficient and sustainable production of pharmaceuticals? Do you want to explore nanotechnology for state-of-the-art biocatalysis ? Do you enjoy working at the interface between academia and industry? This project allows you to implement biocatalysis in flow chemistry applications.
The pharmaceutical industry is constantly searching for new molecular building blocks that can cost-effectively and sustainably be produced. Within the program CASSAFLOW we will develop a production process for multifunctional amino acids based on biocatalysis and flow chemistry that meets these requirements. You will immobilize enzymes in polymeric bowl-shaped nanoparticles to ensure that the catalysts remain active and can be applied effectively in the flow process. You will actively participate in the consortium with both academic and industrial partners. You are target-driven and can manage your activities well to achieve the project deliverables.
You are connected to the EIC transition project CASSAFLOW, where you work together with colleagues with much experience in the area of biocatalysis, amino acid production and flow reactors. You are furthermore embedded in the bio-organic chemistry group, especially the functional nanoparticles cluster (https://www.tue.nl/en/research/research-groups/macromolecular-and-organic-chemistry/bio-organic-chemistry).
You are a postdoctoral scientist with an inquisitive mind who enjoys application-driven research. You are skilled in experimental work related to organic chemistry, biocatalysis and polymer science. You like to work in a multidisciplinary project and interact very well with your colleagues, with whom you want to collaborate. You have strongly developed communicative skills and you like to present your work, also to a broader audience.
- A PhD degree (or an equivalent university degree) in polymer science, nanoscience and/or biocatalysis
- A research-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and interested in collaborating with industrial partners.
- Motivated to develop your teaching skills and coach students.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (C1 level).
A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university, in an interdisciplinary setting and within an international network. You will work on a beautiful, green campus within walking distance of the central train station. In addition, we offer you:
- A full time employment for one year with the possibility to extend with two years.
- Salary and benefits (such as a pension scheme, paid pregnancy and maternity leave, partially paid parental leave) in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, scale 10 (min. € 3.877 max. € 5.090) dependent on knowledge and experience.
- A year-end bonus of 8.3% and annual vacation pay of 8%.
- High-quality training programs and other support to grow into a self-aware, autonomous scientific researcher. At TU/e we challenge you to take charge of your own learning process.
- An excellent technical infrastructure, on-campus children's day care and sports facilities.
- An allowance for commuting, working from home and internet costs.
- A Staff Immigration Team and a tax compensation scheme (the 30% facility) for international candidates.
38 hours per week
De Rondom 70