Senior Polyglot Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin | Europe’s thought leader consumer facing high scale greenfield systems | Java, Kotlin, Golang, Docker, K8s, Cloud, Microservices, DDD | € 91.400 + 5% bonus + permanent contract
Updated: 06 May 2022
Your job: Polyglot Senior Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin
- Do you say yes to joining the European software engineering thought leader in topics like functional programming, Kotlin, Cloud-Native, Event-Sourcing, Blockchain, scaling and product development?
- Do you love to expand your circle of influence to be able to impact leading greenfield European software projects beyond just your code?
- Would you be part of a kick-ass software engineering culture where you are continuously inspired to become the best version of yourself?
- Do you say yes to 2 days per week of working from home, €5.000 training budget per year, 6 training days, an indefinite contract, an amazing office and a yearend bonus?
Then wait no longer, this is the job you have been waiting for!
Your employer: The European Thought Leader in Software Engineering for over 2 decades!
If you are someone looking to continuously grow yourself to be the best software engineer you can be AND impact leading projects that really matter to millions of people you have come to the right place! For over two decades this bespoke software engineering trailblazer has grown to be the Thought Leader in all topics within modern software engineering. With many of your future colleagues regularly speaking on leading conferences, writing books or contributing to impactful open source projects.
Ok, so what do they do? They enable tech driven consumer facing companies with millions of end-users to harness the power of automation, within industries like eHealth, autonomous driving, transportation, online marketplaces and innovative food delivery disruptors. As they only say yes to clients and projects they can have a leading role at and they can really impact, here you can look forward to a steady inflow of greenfield projects. Full of architecture/design, complex requirements and always working with your passionate and very capable team members. Fun, impact, learning, inspiration, here you have it all!
To help you be all you can be here you can look forward to amazing facilities! They offer you rich knowledge sessions every 2 weeks so are kept up to date with all of the leading trends, € 5.000 training budget per year, 6 training days, communication/mini MBA trainings, an amazing office, thought leading colleagues to spar with, an yearend bonus and an immediate indefinite contract!
Your role: Polyglot Senior Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin
As Polyglot Senior Developer Amsterdam Java Kotlin you always get to bite down on the most challenging greenfield high quality long term impactful European software projects. Here you are your team mates are called in to take the lead and lay the foundation for the coming years! As you are always hired to drive innovation you will always have to chance to experiment with proven technologies around functional programming, even sourcing, native cloud, data engineering and scaling and microservices development.
Although the main development languages commonly worked with are Java and Kotlin, a language is but a tool. Which is why you will also get the chance to work with Go, NodeJS, Scala and Rust or what suits the solution best.
As the world has changed the last 1,5 years your job has changed for the better! As you can now combine a diverse range of impactful greenfield projects with a great work-life balance with 2 days working from home!
As you will be part of the European Thought Leader within software engineering you will have many ways to grow and develop yourself! Many before you have grown to team lead/tech lead and software architect level. Although you can also speak on conferences, give trainings, help build the community further or become a guru on a topic you love. The possibilities are endless!
What is required?
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional experience with Java, Kotlin or Golang
- A polyglot mindset
- You are keen to grow yourself, technically as well as communicatively
- Test /delivery automation (and automation in general) is second nature to you
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure is a nice to have
- A technical BSc or MSc degree is a nice to have
- Experience training, mentoring, tech leading, open-source development, or being active within software communities is a big plus
What is offered?
- Between € 81.400 and € 91.400 per year based on knowledge and added value
- Indefinite contract!
- € 5,000 training budget per year + 6 training days + 20 knowledge sessions per year
- Yearend bonus of 5%
- The choice of a 36 or 40 hour contract
- Flexible working hours
- 2 days working from home per week!
- Every two years new hardware & accessories!
- Every two years a new phone + unlimited calls
- Lots of space to visit conferences
- Solid pension pension
- Very inspiring and knowledge space colleagues
Would you like to grow yourself to continuously be the best version of yourself while impacting some of the most impactful European spanning greenfield software projects around?
Wait no longer and fill in the form below, or send your CV to Roy Schaper, via [email protected]
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week