Senior Data Engineer - Automotive Scale-up
Updated: 12 Oct 2021
Senior Data Engineer
CarNext is looking for a technical expert to take on a role with impact. In this role you will work on developing our machine learning technology and influence our choice of new tools and technologies to take scale our platform. As Senior Data Engineer you will have a real end-to-end role. Dealing with a diverse set of data and developing data pipelines to and from our data warehouse to increase availability and quality of data. You will be expanding and improving our data analytics platform and go beyond modelling and prototyping, shipping your code to production. You will also have a role in scaling-up our insights and cloud infrastructure (code)
You will be an key part of our Data & Analytics team and will collaborate daily with talented data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and product owners who share the combined ambition to take CarNext to the next level. As a senior member of the team you will also look leading the development of training, testing and deploying machine learning algorithms. Taking on the role of mentoring and coaching and ensuring the broader team is delivering high quality.
Our technology approach at CarNext is at the forefront of the industry and are constantly evolving. Some of the key projects you will be part of are for example, customer demand prediction, dynamic pricing and product selection and model lifecycle optimization or underlying infrastructure improvements.
- You have 8+ years of working experience in a Data Engineering role using modern technologies
- You need strong programming skills in Python, as well as database query languages (SQL)
- A broad working experience with a modern stack in cloud services (AWS S3, EC2, Redshift, RDS, EMR, ECS)
- You have experience with data workflow management (eg: Airflow), virtualization platforms (eg: Docker), monitoring tools (eg: Grafana), version control (eg: Git)
- You have experience with data warehouse design (dimensional modelling)
- You have implemented continuous integration/ continuous delivery (CI/CD) in a production environment
- We are looking for someone with expertise in infrastructure as code (eg: Terraform)
- And, experience with real-time processing frameworks (eg: Kafka)
- A plus is if you have experience with a modern data technology stack (Confluent, Lambda, Athena)
The team you will be part of
The Data & Analytics team at CarNext has amazing talent and is responsible for designing, building and maintaining data solutions and algorithmic optimizations that are business critical for to grow our platform.
We are a fast-growing team that works with a state of the art technology stack in S3, AWS Redshift, Airflow, Terraform, Kafka.
Our vision is that predictive algorithms optimize all parts of CarNext's business to offer the right next car at the right moment for every customer.
The team is open and have a combined passion to challenge. They are always building and developing upon the foundation of CarNext data insights and have a real impact on our business model and how we serve customers. The team is comprised from many backgrounds, expertise and personalities, they work well as a team and learn from each other and are also a fun bunch to work with.
CarNext is a scale-up with a start-up mentality. We're bold and have a passion to change the status quo. We're building a transparent digital marketplace that customers can trust. And it's the same at CarNext. We're proud of our open culture, collaborative ethos, vibrant environment and can-do approach. As we grow our business, we're keen to hear from people who understand what we're about and can help us achieve our mission.