Senior Backend Developer Amsterdam | Greenfield Kotlin IoT Platform | Inhouse + varied projects | Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, K8s, AWS, Kafka | € 96.400 + 5% bonus + permanent contract
Updated: 05 Dec 2022
Your job: Senior Backend Developer Amsterdam
- Do you say yes to working in the field of software engineering in topics such as functional programming, Cloud-Native, Event Driven Design, scaling, and product development?
- Would you like to be part of a kick-ass software engineering culture where you are constantly inspired by your peers and become the best version of yourself?
- Does it seem interesting to you to sink your teeth into 100% long-lasting greenfield products, while working in-house with your own elite team?
- Do you say yes to home working opportunities, an annual training budget of €5.000, 6 extra training days, knowledge sharing sessions, a contract for an indefinite period, a great office, catered lunch, and a 5% end-of-year bonus?
Then don’t wait any longer, this is the job you’ve been waiting for all along!
Your employer: The European Thought Leader in Software Engineering at the highest level for more than 2 decades!
If you are someone who wants to continuously improve and grow into the best software engineer you can be AND influence impactful long-term projects that really matter to millions of people, then you’ve come to the right place! For more than two decades, this tech pioneer in software engineering has become the thought leader of modern software engineering. Many of your future colleagues regularly speak at conferences, write blogs or contribute to open-source projects.
Okay, what do they do then? They enable technology-driven, consumer-facing companies with millions of end users to harness the power of automation in industries such as eHealth, autonomous driving, FinTech, eCommerce and innovative food delivery disruptors. Because they only build projects where they can play a leading role and make a real impact, you can look forward to a continuous influx of greenfield projects here. Full of architecture/design, complex requirements and always working with your passionate and very capable direct colleagues. Fun, impact, learning, inspiration, here you have it all!
As an engineer, you can enjoy excellent facilities here to get the best out of yourself! For example, you often work in-house from your office and with your own team. In addition, they offer you knowledge sessions every 2 weeks, where you stay informed of all leading trends, € 5.000 training budget per year, 6 training days, communication & mini MBA training courses, a great office, inspiring colleagues to spar with, a 5 % end-of-year bonus and a permanent contract immediately.
Your role: Senior Backend Developer Amsterdam
As a Senior Backend Developer Amsterdam you always get the chance to work on a 100% greenfield Kotlin IoT platform for the coming years. You and your teammates are called in to lead the way and lay the foundations of this new platform that will be used all over Europe. Architecture, core-backend engineering, event-driven design, test automation, deployment, you can all sink your teeth here!
As you are always committed to driving innovation, you will always have the opportunity to experiment with new technologies in functional programming, event sourcing, native cloud, data engineering and scaling and introducing microservices.
Although Java and Kotlin are the main development languages that are often used, a language is only a tool and not a goal itself. That is why you will also find challenges around Scala, Golang, or NodeJS for enthusiasts.
You get a lot of opportunities to develop yourself here. Think of team lead/tech lead or software architect. But you can also think of speaking at conferences, developing yourself in several programming languages, providing training, helping build the open-source community, or becoming a guru on a theme in which you like to excel. The possibilities are endless here!
What is being asked?
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Professional experience with Java or Kotlin
- Experience with NodeJS, Python or Golang is a plus
- Experience with Spring Boot, Docker or K8s
- You want to develop yourself, both technically and communicatively
- You consider test and delivery automation to be part of your work
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure is a plus
- A technical BSc or MSc degree
- Experience with training, mentorship, open source contribution or being active within engineering communities is a big plus
What is offered?
- Between €81.400 and €96.400 per year based on knowledge and added value
- Immediately a permanent contract
- 5% End of Year Bonus
- € 5.000 training budget per year + 6 training days + 20 knowledge sessions per year
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home at least 3 days a week!
- New hardware & accessories worth € 3000 every two years
- A new phone every two years + unlimited calls
- Lots of space to visit conferences
- Excellent pension
- Very inspiring and pleasant colleagues
- Catered lunch when you are at the office
Do you want to develop yourself to continuously be the best version of yourself, and at the same time work on the most challenging greenfield products?