Win VIP tickets to classical concerts in the Netherlands
IamExpat is offering two pairs of VIP tickets to concerts by The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands in the upcoming season.
To participate, fill in the form below and tell us which concert you'd like to attend in which Dutch city and why you think you should be there!
Enter for a chance to hear them for free
- Which concerts?: Bach's St. Matthew Passion (March 20 until April 17, 2022)
- Where?: in various venues all over the Netherlands (check the concert agenda below)
- Number of pairs of tickets available: 1
- Find out more about these performances: on the Beleefklassiek website.
About the performances
Dutch conductor Pieter Jan Leusink has directed The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands for many years. The singers, which are carefully selected to blend with the orchestra, possess unique sounds, and the combination of the transparent sound and the flexible voices has already resulted in excellent reviews in Dutch newspapers.
IamExpat is offering a pair of VIP tickets to the following concert:
Bach's St. Matthew Passion
In the Netherlands, the St. Matthew Passion is the most frequently performed classical musical work in the period before Easter. It is regarded by musicians, scholars and classical music fans alike as one of the true gems of classical music, composed by the great Johann Sebastian Bach.
From March 20 to April 17, it will be performed more than 30 times in some of the most prestigious venues in the country by The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands, conducted by Baroque music specialist Pieter Jan Leusink.
St. Matthew Passion concert dates 2022
- Zwolle, Dominicanenkerk, Saturday, March 12, 3pm and 7pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Sunday, March 13, 3pm
- Apeldoorn, Grote Kerk, Friday, March 18, 7pm
- Leiden, Hooglandsekerk, Saturday, March 19, 2.30pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Sunday, March 20, 3pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Thursday, March 24, 7.30pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Friday, March 25, 7pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Saturday, March 26, 7.30pm
- Eindhoven, Catharinakerk, Sunday, March 27, 12.30pm and 4.15pm
- Rotterdam, Laurenskerk, Friday, April 1, 7pm
- Rotterdam, Laurenskerk, Saturday, April 2, 3pm and 7pm
- Den Bosch, Jheronimus Bosch Art Center, Sunday, April 3, 12.30pm and 4.15pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Wednesday, April 6, 7.30pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Thursday, April 7, 7pm
- Groningen, Martinikerk, Friday, April 8, 7pm
- Groningen, Martinikerk, Saturday, April 9, 3pm and 7pm
- Nijmegen, Stevenkerk, Sunday, April 10, 12.30pm and 4.15pm
- Leusden, AFAS Theatre, Tuesday, April 12, 7pm
- Elburg, Grote Kerk, Wednesday, April 13, 3pm and 7pm
- Arnhem, Eusebiuskerk, Thursday, April 14, 3pm and 7pm
- The Hague, Grote Kerk, Friday, April 15, 3pm and 7pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Saturday, April 16, 2.15pm and 7pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Sunday, April 17, 2.15pm and 7pm
Discount for participants
If you're not one of the winners, you can still get a 50% discount when you book your tickets via IamExpat. Regular tickets for the performances of St. Matthew Passion cost 80 euros, but for IamExpat readers, there's a special price of 39,95 euros!
Prices shown are excluding the 6,95 euros service costs and surtax of 5 euros at Concertgebouw concerts.
After the closing date has passed, make sure to check your junk / spam email folder in case you are a winner and our email has ended up there!