Win four double tickets to performances at the NEU/NOW LIVE Festival 2013
IamExpat offers four double tickets to the NEU/NOW Festival 2013 in Amsterdam!
To participate, leave a comment below and tell us which performance you'd like to attend and why!
- City: Amsterdam
- Date: June 22 - 26 2013
- For more information, click here
About the NEU/NOW Festival
The 5th edition of the NEU/NOW LIVE Festival brings exposure to young emerging artists and recent graduates from Europe and beyond with a programme ranging from exhibitions, theatre performances and concerts to film screenings and after talks!
The festival features works of 36 artists from 14 countries in the disciplines of visual arts, theatre, dance, music, sound, film and design.
Language No Problem: the artwork and performances minimise the language barrier and are universally understood.
About the performances
Two winners will be selected for each performance!
Including the following three works:
- "From Albums" (theatre): Multimedia performance reflecting Lucie Páchová’s research based on experiments with collections of dreams, memories, and old family photographs.
- "UN/DRESS" (dance): Masako Matsushita’s performance is based on transforming and transformation arising from the fusion of body and object.
- "Landfall" (music): Singer, cellist, and composer Fatima Dunn and video artist Mirjam von Ow take the audience on an audiovisual train journey to the unknown and the subconscious.
- Monday, June 24, 2013 | De Brakke Grond, Amsterdam | 5pm - 6.15pm
A performance about how a black South African woman experiences white Europe: from envy to ridicule, from self-pity to shame. In the performance this struggle is shown through irony and humour.
- Tuesday, June 25, 2013 | Het Compagnietheater, Amsterdam | 9.15pm - 10.05pm (+ after talk with performers)
Please note, ticket competition winners are announced on the closing date. Remember to check this page or your IamExpat inbox to see if you've been selected!
"Landfall" Artist: Fatima Dunn and Mirjam von Ow Photo: Mirjam von Ow
"Face Off" Artist: Ntando Cele Photo: Thomas Lende