Welcome to Delft
On March 29, 2019, the City of Delft, in cooperation with Delft University of Technology and ACCESS, organises a welcome event for internationals who have come to Delft to work and live. This event is ideal for families.
At the informative morning meetup, new "Delftenaren" are welcome at the City Hall on the Market Square right in the centre of Delft, with an opportunity to meet other fellow expats. In an informal way, the organisers will provide information about the city of Delft and an introduction to Dutch habits. Additionally, everyone will go on a short city walk.
Welcome to Delft programme
Here is what you can expect from the Welcome to Delft programme:
- 9.15am: Arrival and coffee at the Delft Municipality, Stationsplein 1, 2611 BV, Delft
- 9.30am: Welcome by the City of Delft and Delft University of Technology
- 9.40am: Presentation "Who are the Dutch?" by Caitriona Rush from At Home Abroad
- 10am: Introduction to local resources for sporting and cultural activities by Lucie Cunningham
- 10.20am: Presentation "What can ACCESS do for internationals" by ACCESS volunteers
- 10.30 Guided walking tour through the historic city centre of Delft
- 12.00: Coffee, light lunch and networking
- 1pm: Finish
For more information, have a look on the Access website. This is an ideal way to get to know Delft a little better and to meet other internationals at the same time!
Register for a free introduction to Delft
To register for this free event, complete and submit the Welcome to Delft registration form by March 22.