Vegan Amsterdam Festival
Organised by vegans for vegans, this day celebrates veganism and brings together not just die-hard vegans, but also people in search of a healthier lifestyle, those concerned about the future of Mother Earth or just anyone passionate about eating well. With the aim of inspiring and bringing people together, the event takes place at the cosy venue OT301 on the Overtoom, next to Vondelpark.
The Vegan Festival includes lectures on veganism and vegan advocacy, cookery demonstrations, food stalls and exhibitors selling vegan merchandise. Try out some vegan dishes, learn about producers and products and get a glimpse of what a sustainable future might look like.
Vegan Amsterdam Festival lectures
- Tobias Leenaert: Author of How to Create a Vegan World
- Eva Meijer: Author on non-human animal philosophy
- Johan Boonstra: Vegan activist with Ongehoord, which sheds light on undercover investigations of the meat industry
- Erik Schumaker: Author of upcoming veganism book Leve Leven
- Marieke Griffoen: Coach on vegan advocacy at VegNL
Vegan Amsterdam musical line-up
It's not just food and more food, musicians will also be there to delight the ears. Indie and alternative rock music will be performed by Apneu. Minds of Music, an R&B / soul / funk group, will be present as well as Soul Food Poetry and DJ Sickboy.
Get there early
Tickets are available at the door for five euros each. Vegan Amsterdam has a first-come-first-served ticket policy, so make sure you get there early to avoid disappointment. Browse the Vegan Amsterdam Festival event page for more details.