TOA Tech Open Air Berlin
TOA Tech Open Air Berlin
TOA or Tech Open Air, which celebrates its eighth year in 2019, is a technology festival for anyone eager to learn about the future of tech, art and science. With over 150 industry leaders, 120 satellite events and 20.000 expected attendees (8.000 at the Funkhaus), this four-day conference is dedicated to future-proofing.
The future of tech, work and life
"IamExpat readers get a 15% discount when booking TOA tickets with the code TOA19Community15."
The conference will take place at Funkhaus in Berlin. This iconic venue is a former East German radio broadcasting building, a relic of Bauhaus-style architecture. The Haus of Tech exhibition will be bigger and better than ever, gathering together companies like Google, Red Bull and T-Systems along with top tier startups. Due to popular demand, there will be a special themed stage for blockchain technology and an impressive line-up of expert speakers giving fascinating talks.
As TOA is all about the future of tech, work and life, it’s the perfect place to go if you want to network, invest and collaborate with international change-makers. Networking will be given special attention in the form of IRL events and via the TOA app.
What to expect at TOA 2019
There will even be companies actively hiring and conducting interviews at TOA, so if you’re looking to land your dream job, this could be the just the place! Meanwhile, together with Google, McKinsey and Rocket as partners, the event is hosting the prestigious DT50 Awards for the best European Startups at the conference.
Confirmed speakers include Claire Hughes Johnson (COO, Stripe), Bruce Linton (Founder & CEO, Canopy Growth), Niklas Östberg (Founder & CEO, Delivery Hero), Stephen Gates (Head of Design, InVision) and Avid Larizadeh Duggan (COO, Kobalt Music).
TOA2019 will also feature the Haus of Tech, a 55.000 square metre exhibition with the presence of leading technological firms, space for the various workshops taking place and co-working and networking areas.
Tech Open Air 2019 five-pillar programme
The extensive programme at Tech Open Air is built around five thematic pillars to better form your festival experience, which are as follows:
- New Communities: Studying how digital and real-life communities are formed and changing for good.
- Pioneering Business: Taking a closer look at how every business is changing and being disrupted in the digital age.
- Music & Art: What’s next for the arts? Imagine the future of music and art through performances, talks, workshops and immersive experiences.
- Emotional Innovation: As digitalisation adds complexity to our work and lives, humans seek a new form of consciousness for clarity and connectivity, taking a closer look at the psychology of emotional intelligence.
- Deep Tech: As revolutions in AI, blockchain, Quantum Computing and AR continue to drive the fourth industrial revolution, take a deep dive into the mechanics of these technologies.
Satellite events: a hive of creativity in Berlin
The TOA Satellite Events mean that Berlin becomes a hive of creativity and innovation for the entire duration of the conference. Among these interdisciplinary events are hackathons, networking events, boat parties, rooftop yoga sessions and 3D printing workshops. Over 120 satellite events involve different brands placing their unique stamp on TOA.
Book your tickets
Book your tickets to TOA online! Ticket prices vary for the main TOA conference at the Funkhaus, so browse the TOA website to learn more. IamExpat readers get a 15% discount when they book TOA tickets with the code TOA19Community15.
Tickets to the Haus of Tech Exhibition and the TOA Satellite Events begin at just 19 euros!