Moscow Nights classical concerts in the Netherlands
Don't miss the Moscow Nights concert series, during which you can immerse yourself in an impressive programme of classical music by Russian composers. A number of masterworks will sound familiar to you, whilst others you may hear for the first time in your life!
Russian music performed across the Netherlands
Full of passion, the soprano Olga Zinovieva, born in Novosibirsk, Siberia, sings some of the most beautiful arias composed by her fellow-countrymen. In addition to the famous Vocalise by Rachmaninoff, enjoy Rossignol by Alabiev, where the soprano voice sounds like a real nightingale. Special and tender is Maria's Wiegenlied from Tchaikovsky's opera Mazeppa.
Meanwhile, spectacular and rarely heard live due to the extremely high degree of difficulty is the Concerto for Coloratura Soprano by Glière.
A full brass section has been added to The Bach Orchestra of the Netherlands, especially for these concerts. The orchestra plays works such as Souvenir de Florence by Tchaikovsky and the Romance from the film The Gadfly by Shostakovich. Violin virtuoso Igor Ruhadze plays solo in Tchaikovsky's spectacular Meditation from Souvenir d’un lieu cher, Op. 42.
Moscow Nights programme
Here is a full overview of the programme of the Moscow Nights concerts in the Netherlands:
- Tchaikovsky - Souvenir de Florence, Op. 70 (1890)
- Tchaikovsky - Wiegenlied, Op. 16, No. 1
- Tchaikovsky - Maria's Wiegenlied from the opera Mazeppa
- Rachmaninoff - Ne poy, krasavitsa, pri mne, Op.4, No.4
- Shostakovich - Romance from the film suite The Gadfly
- Glière - Concerto for Coloratura Soprano in F minor, Op. 82 1st movement
- Rimsky-Korsakov - Marfa's aria from The Tale of the Tsar Sultan
- Rachmaninoff - Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 14
- Tchaikovsky - Méditation from Souvenir d’un lieu cher, Op. 42
- Alabiev - Rossignol (The Nightingale)
Musicians at Moscow Nights
- The Bach Orchestra of the Netherlands
- Olga Zinovieva | soprano
- Igor Ruhadze | violin
- Pieter Jan Leusink | conductor
Moscow Nights concert dates
The Moscow Nights programme will be performed in four different venues in the Netherlands. The dates and venues are as follows:
- Nijmegen, Stevenskerk, Saturday, November 16, 7.30pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Sunday, November 17, 3pm
- Rotterdam, Laurenskerk, Saturday, November 23, 7.30pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Sunday, November 24, 2.15pm
Book your tickets
Get a 50% discount when you book your tickets on IamExpat. Regular tickets for the performances of Moscow Nights cost 72,50 euros, but for IamExpat readers, there's a special price of 36,25 euros.