IT Project Manager
Updated: 20 Oct 2021
The Audiological Care division of Sonova is rapidly expanding its global World of Hearing retail concept. To support this grown, it seeks an IT Project Manager to oversee technological set up of the World of Hearing stores. The IT Project Manager is a pivotal role for local IT teams, internal AC and Corporate IT as well as external vendors partners providing Technology. In the role the IT Project Manager keeps all parties informed to established Global standards and ensures all stores execution complies with these. IT Project Manager owns continuous evaluation and advancement of technological set up. The key tasks and responsibilities are found below:
- Responsible for the delivery of the IT and Audiological setup for World of Hearing shops;
- Deliver IT store setup standards in alignment with all contributing external vendors as well as internal Sonova Teams: AC IT HQ, AC IT Local Teams, Sonova Corporate IT;
- Oversee all IT elements specific to World of Hearing including escalation and evaluation;
- Create and maintain IT standards documentation to be used by store implementation teams and ensures compliance;
- Drives continuous improvement and evolution to new IT solutions;
- Work with teams from around the globe in many differing time zones.
The ideal candidate needs to have the following:
- BA, or BS degree in computer science or related experience;
- Be able to read Architectural Plans and Electrical plans for retail locations;
- 5+ years experience implementing IT solutions in a retail environment;
- Experience writing and maintaining standards documentation;
- Solution focused and collaborative;
- Have good written and verbal skills;
- Stakeholder management;
- Ability to train local IT teams regarding World of Hearing technical standards so they can support;
- Project management skills;
- Solid network and infrastructure knowledge;
- Strong familiarity with data privacy and network security.
Besides being a key part of the rolling out of 200 flagship stores around the globe, this role comes with great primary as well as secondary benefits.
Sonova, headquartered in Stäfa, Switzerland, is a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions. The group operates through its core business brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova. We reach our consumers through multiple channels; this diversity lets them benefit from our broad range of solutions - hearing aids, cochlear implants, wireless communication products, eSolutions, and professional audiological care - in the way that best suits their individual needs.
Founded in 1947, the Group has a workforce of over 14,000 dedicated employees and generated sales of CHF 2.6 billion in the financial year 2020/21 as well as a net profit of CHF 585 million. Across all businesses, and by supporting the Hear the World Foundation, Sonova pursues its vision of a world where everyone enjoys the delight of hearing and therefore lives a life without limitations.
The global network now consists of 3.400 stores, with large businesses in Europe, UK, USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia and New Zealand. From a number of stores perspective Sonova ranks amongst the biggest worldwide retail companies.
The Sonova Group has a new global store concept, World of Hearing. With this pioneering store concept in the field of hearing solutions, the Sonova Group is setting new standards in the industry. The focus is on interactive experiences, latest product innovations and services for complex hearing problems such as tinnitus.
Sonova has the ambition to roll out 200 flagship stores across the globe in the upcoming 3 years. In order to support this exciting ambition, we are exclusively collaborating with Sonova to set-up their new "World of Hearing" team. Therefore, we are looking for an IT Project Manager.