Recruitment Consultant Maritime
Updated: 29 Jul 2021
Middle Point has been a Home to the more than 1100 maritime engineering professionals who have chosen us to assist them in finding their next career step. Since 2007, our goal has been the creation of an environment that allows highly qualified professionals to flourish with some of the most renowned Dutch and German yacht- & shipbuilders, offshore companies, water agencies and maritime service providers. But how is this related to the job of the Recruitment Consultant? Well… let us explain:
Here at Middle Point, the Recruitment Consultants work closely together in the recruitment, selection and hiring of maritime professionals. As a Recruitment Consultant, you are focused on a specific market; searching for candidates, building your talent pool, and making people's dreams a reality. You will have a positive impact on the lives of the professionals you assist by advising them and supporting them along their journey. You should be someone who derives satisfaction from helping others, builds and maintains long-term relationships, and feels the need to be the first, the best and the most reliable recruiter that candidates have ever encountered.
Let’s get more specific.
What do we expect from you?
- Collaborate closely with colleagues and work on specific assignments within your specialisation,
- Advertise vacancies, search, recruit and select professionals from our worldwide network,
- Carry out interviews and assist candidates in finding the best fitting positions among our clients,
- Negotiate contract terms and coordinate the relocation of the professionals (and sometimes their families),
- Acquire, develop and manage relationships, for example, with realised placements or clients,
- Actively share information with colleagues regarding developments in the market,
- Participate in strengthening the Middle Point brand.
What do you offer:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in agency recruitment, preferably for engineering/technical profiles,
- Bachelor level of education, preferably in HRM, BA or similar,
- True team player and networker,
- Resilient, with a positive mindset,
- Self-driven, persistent, able to set and switch priorities quickly if required,
- Familiar with recruitment tools such as ATS systems and LinkedIn Recruiter,
- Fluent in English; proficiency in Dutch would be a plus,
- Living in the Netherlands, preferably in the Amsterdam area, or willing to relocate.
Middle Point is a place where you can feel at home. What do we offer?
- A role within a committed, international and successful team,
- An international playing field,
- Opportunity to work with the most renowned clients in the market,
- Personal development plan and growth opportunities within Middle Point,
- A competitive salary with additional bonus,
- Business telephone and laptop, also for private use,
- Paid commuting costs,
- A freshly prepared buffet-style (warm) lunch. Our cook comes every day to take care of us, but we also have surprise lunches with recipes from our international colleagues. We take food seriously! 😉
40 hours per week
Middle Point is a specialist recruitment agency with a focus on positions in the international yacht- and shipbuilding industries, and offshore and energy sectors. We mediate highly trained engineers, consultants, and project managers for project work and permanent positions. With our extensive network and market knowledge, we deliver the best human capital to our clients in order for them to maintain their leading positions in a competitive market.