Full Professor in Computer Science
Updated: 20 Sep 2020
In a world in which trust and resilience of our communication infrastructures become of key importance for our digital society and our digital sovereignty becomes at stake, it is important to understand how crucial networks and systems should be designed in a responsible way. The Design and Analysis of Communication Systems (DACS) group of the University of Twente (UT) is an internationally leading group in the area of network security and performs research in these societal challenges.
Within DACS there is a new position for a Full Professor who performs research on network and IoT security, with a focus on Open and Software Defined Networking.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with a PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields.
You have several years of (international) experience in the academic or industrial environment, with a proven track record of high-quality research producing scientific publications.
You have experience in management of professionals, aimed at developing researchers and finding opportunities to collaborate
Strong scientific network; proven by joint collaborations, projects and publications
You have a proven track record in obtaining research grants.
You are an enthusiastic and highly motivated lecturer and are able to contribute to the teaching duties of the DACS chair in the Computer Science and Electrical Engineering studies.
You have excellent communication, organisation and leadership skills. Fluent command of English is required.
You will work in a challenging multidisciplinary environment. It is therefore essential to show willingness to look beyond disciplinary boundaries.How to apply:
Please send your application before October 1st 2020 via the 'Apply now' button, and include:
- your curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
- your research and teaching statement.
- You are welcome to contact prof.dr. Dirk Heylen for any questions you might have (firstname.lastname@example.org )
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 5.749 to € 8.371 (scale H2) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world of Computer Science with your research as well as teaching in one of the most top-rated departments in the Netherlands?
40 hours per week