Postdoc position in the field of Algebraic Combinatorics
Updated: 24 Nov 2021
The Combinatorial Optimization Group of the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) invites applications for a 1 year postdoctoral position in Discrete Mathematics or Combinatorics with a starting date between February 1, 2022 and March 1, 2022. Preference will be given to candidates who show interest in, or demonstrate ability in, studying combinatorial problems using algebraic graph theory. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with an PhD in related topics to Algebraic Combinatorics.
Information about TU EINDHOVEN, THE DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTER SCIENCE, AND THE COMBINATORIAL OPTIMIZATION GROUP.
The TU Eindhoven (TU/e) was established in 1956 as a polytechnic. It has grown into a university with nine departments. The TU/e now has approximately 3000 employees and 8000 BSc and MSc students. The TU/e campus is in the center of Eindhoven. Our Department offers several bachelor and master programs, all of which are taught in English. The Combinatorial Optimization group provides a dynamic international research atmosphere.
- PhD related to Algebraic Combinatorics, or comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated for instance by a relevant PhD thesis and/or publication(s).
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Excellent mastering of the English language, good communication and leadership skills. Note that there is no Dutch language requirement.
- Be a team player and able to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary context.
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the possibility to present your work at international conferences.
- A full-time employment for one year.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Should you come from abroad and comply with certain conditions, you can make use of the so-called '30% facility', which permits you not to pay tax on 30% of your salary.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
38 hours per week
De Rondom 70