Senior Java Developer
Updated: 30 Jul 2020
Our client is a leading provider of high-end research and analytics services to a diverse range of financial services businesses across the globe.
We are looking for a talented and experienced quant developer. You will be working with the team to research, validate and implement complex methods and models that have a significant impact on the organization in order to determine all types of market risks with a view to supporting the decision-making process, the operational functioning of the pricing and risk management of traders positions.
Principal responsibilities will include :
- Understand the requirements, designing, developing and delivering robust, high performance and scalable software solutions.
- Work with Java 8 and all its features.
- Work with Spring Boot and other Spring modules ( web, data, security, batch) or any other dependency injection framework.
- Work with ( and configure) Distributed databases based on Apache Ignite.
- Interact with Bigdata, micro services and have a strong focus on performance and real time analytics.
- Design and develop various database queries, scripts and tables to pull, clean, arrange and persist risk management data.
- Own delivery and take responsibility of milestones.
- Have a BDD approach ( Cucumber), as well as design and develop automated unit, integration, and regression tests.
Position Requirements/Qualifications :
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in JAVA and OOPS development .
- Well versed with Unit and functional test automation and delivery .
- Well versed in Databases including BIG DATA Hadoop.
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Fortify, Git, Jenkins, Maven.
- Experience in SQL and relational modelling.
- Understanding of derivative products .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Good analytical skills and excellent problem-solving skills .
- Ability to work with colleagues across global locations .
- Experience on participating in end-to-end development lifecycle in a rigorous test-driven software development environment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver accurate results quickly.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Follows clean code principles.
Additional information regarding our recruitment process:
- Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within
- Base salary + benefits will be based on experience and track record.
- Please note that a background check will be part of our recruitment process.
- Our client is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? Please send your CV with motivation and salary indicator to Soumya Shastry, Recruitment Account Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org