Domain Technology Lead API Platform
Posted: 27 Jun 2019
To achieve success and great results you are one with the business and anticipates to be on time for the demand to be ready with the right technology.
Because you are well organized, prepared and have your schedule up to date you are able to make the best decision of that day on what to pick up first for the day after tomorrow and make that happen going forward.
During a dynamic day your work loops from short to long term horizon and vice versa. Looking to the day after tomorrow you continuously have the ambition to improve the platform as well as the engineering delivery process.
Periodically you will have market visits, bring outside in view, and analyze in ING what is needed for a longer horizon. And that’s not all. You set and share a clear vision on the API development engineering journey by translating this into IT capabilities direction via your roadmap and align this with several Engineering Leads.
So, you will work in an ever-changing environment with dozens of squads and processes. This means that you need to learn quickly, be alert and adapt to reality. Finally, if you want to be the best, you daily pay attention to continuously changing reality. Therefore you balance the work needed to be done that has the most business value. Further on you deal with direct insights and organizational forces that need to be managed and planned with the stakeholders (Tribe management teams, User Groups, Business representatives).
Ultimately, in the end, you are the driving Technology Lead and responsible that ING squads globally can accelerate and deliver a surprisingly Omnichannel user experience to ING customers.
Are you interested? Your personal “backpack” should contain:
- A Master degree in Information Technology or have 3 years’ experience as a developer in modern API SDK frameworks. Proficient knowledge in J2EE frameworks, Spring frameworks, JVM based frameworks, Infra/Cloud stacks, Continuous Delivery, and integration tools.
- Work experience as IT consultant with at least 5 years within large scaled Agile organizations, with multiple Agile scrum DevOps teams, and well recognized multiple achievements in the delivery of IT4IT epics.
- Experience with the creation and implementation of technological delivery frameworks for DevOps squads within large companies.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing) and storytelling capability in fluent English, clearly articulating the rationale and links to a defined strategy and goals to large groups.
- As a person easy approachable, holistic view and analytic consultancy skills, managerial skills.
- A team player with ‘we-mentality’ and strong organizational skills.
- Result and delivery oriented mentality. You take it on and make it happen. You are recognized in right value output against good quality and planning, purpose and epic creation (OGSM), dependency management and broad stakeholder management.
- An eye for the customer journey, customer needs and outside market developments.
- Prove that you are constantly improving and sharing your IT knowledge (books, tutorials, weblogs, presentations at congresses).
- Legal and risk awareness.
If you tick the bigger part of these boxes, then we are looking for you!
Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behaviour is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath.
For more information about the Orange Code: ING-Orange-code