Learn Business Dutch at Regina Coeli
Sooner or later, every expat in the Netherlands realises that it would be wise to learn to communicate better in Dutch. If you work in an international environment, it might not seem necessary to learn Business Dutch at first.
You learn just enough Dutch to get by at the supermarket, at the doctor and when you are out and about—whether that is even necessary is another matter, since you can get by in English just fine in places like Amsterdam.
And then, something happens:
- You get another position in the organisation, which has you leading a team of Dutch people.
- You are sick and tired of not being able to accurately and concisely comment on things during a heated debate when you would be well able to in your own language.
- You have spotted an incredible job at an organisation where Dutch is spoken, but you simply do not know enough Dutch.
- A colleague who has been in the Netherlands for less time than you have speaks Dutch better than you do.
And then it dawns on you: “I should have learned Dutch sooner.” Or perhaps you have tried before, but for one reason or another, it has not yet worked. This is certainly not a cause for concern; it is never too late to learn Dutch, and everyone can learn to speak better Dutch.
A course geared to Business Dutch is definitely not an excessive luxury or expenditure for non-native speakers who operate in a business environment in the Netherlands.
Business Dutch demands more language skills
Using a foreign language in a business context is much more demanding than using it in a social one. To compare: many Dutch people follow English training which is specifically focused on their work or profession, even though they are often already able to communicate sufficiently in English.
At Language Institute Regina Coeli, there are many course members who have been living in the Netherlands for a number of years and can generally make themselves understood, but not quite enough to also be able to communicate in a professional environment. They benefit greatly from a customised programme, so they can tackle precisely the issues they need to address.
In a group situation, there are always participants who can sit back and not participate if a subject they have already mastered comes along. In contrast, every moment is educational in an individual course.
A unique approach to learning Business Dutch
At Language Institute Regina Coeli, a different, unique approach to Dutch for business purposes exists. The lessons are tailored to you as a person, with the aim to support you in developing your own communication style in Dutch—one which fits the professional you are.
Of course, you will learn business language skills, but you could just as easily focus on making small talk on the work floor, being grammatically correct and developing a vocabulary you can draw from each and every day at work. You largely determine the focus areas of your Business Dutch course at Language Institute Regina Coeli yourself.
The most important questions you will need to answer before you start your course are:
- What do you have to be able to do in your position?
- What vocabulary do you need to master for your field and the sector you work in?
- What are your current skill levels? What skills are well-developed and which ones are lacking or lagging behind?
- Do you often make the same mistakes? Do you just guess, for example, whether you should say “het” or “de”? Do your sentences have a completely different rhythm than those of native Dutch speakers?
- How good is your pronunciation of Dutch words?
The answers to these questions result in a training programme which is tailor-made. Nearly every programme consists of grammar, conversation with role plays and building relevant vocabulary.
Learning Business Dutch in practice
You can read all sorts of information online to help you along in Dutch, but Dutch is learned most efficiently, effectively and naturally by “doing” and by being corrected by native speakers. The trainers at Language Institute Regina Coeli are specialised in helping well-educated individuals reach a highly professional level in their language skills.
Come experience it yourself and contact Regina Coeli now!