Research Assistant in Plant Biochemistry
Updated: 27 Jan 2021
Research / Academic
Do you want to work in a dynamic and passion-driven team? Would you like to contribute to unraveling answer to the question how plants protect themselves against environmental challenges? We are looking for an ambitious, creative, and highly collaborative research technician to support our team at the Laboratory of Biochemistry. We have a vacancy for a Research Assistant in our Plant Biochemistry lab!What will you be doing?In the role as research assistant you will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
In addition, we offer:
- Setting up, executing, and developing approaches to obtain transgenic lines required for research project, together with the project leader;
- troubleshoot methods and techniques (physiological assays, binding assays, coIPs, IP-MS);
- execute lab experiments and analyse the date related to several international collaboration projects;
- organize databases of materials (seeds, plasmids, cells, expressed proteins) available in the lab;
- supporting MSc and BSc students with the initial steps of their research projects;
- participate in group and departmental meetings, where you can present your work and comment on the projects of others.
- At least a BSc or MSc degree in molecular plant biology, biochemistry, or equivalent study;
- working experience in the plant biology field;
- interested in plant genetics and physiology, biochemistry;
- excellent teamwork abilities and organizational skills;
- previous experience in biochemical approaches;
- a very good level of oral and written English.
Salary Benefits:A challenging position in the frame of VIDI grant (NWO) with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 2329,- to a maximum of € 3548,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 7-8). In addition, an appointment of 0.8 FTE is negotiable.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g. the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
38 hours per week