Tax Manager | English C1
Updated: 30 Nov 2023
As the Tax Manager, your role involves steering the future growth trajectory in the right direction, while consistently considering the delicate balance between optimization and adherence to regulations.
Your responsibility is substantial, encompassing both global indirect and direct tax processes and positions. In your capacity as a versatile Tax Manager, you are expected to bring a practical approach and the capability to fulfill an advisory role on an international scale. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be tackling a significant challenge.
Here are the key areas of your role:
- Assisting in the formulation of a medium- and long-term tax strategy that aligns with international, regional, and country-specific tax developments, in sync with the company's evolving business landscape.
- Improving and managing both master and local Transfer Pricing files.
- Collaborating with external tax advisors on local tax matters, while nurturing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzing the impact of worldwide tax trends and changes on the group's governance and compliance responsibilities.
- Evaluating the tax components of the company's expansion and investment strategies.
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive global tax control framework, ensuring compliance with direct and indirect taxes such as VAT, import duties, and environmental taxes.
- Developing and maintaining the tax structure underlying the corporate legal framework.
- Aiding in the ongoing automation of tax processes and actively contributing to the digital transformation of the company's Global Tax operations.
- Nurturing positive relationships with internal stakeholders (finance, legal, business), external tax advisors, and tax authorities.
· University degree in Tax Law of Tax Economics.
· 4 till 8 years international and (in)direct tax experience at a major and international accounting or law firm or multinational.
· You have experience in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced international environment.
· Ability to work independently and under pressure within strict time constraints.
· Strong communication skills and a high sense of ownership.
· Team player, result driven, strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
· Fluent in English (Dutch is a big plus!)
· Some travel may be required in the long term.
· Highly adaptable and entrepreneurial.
Our client offers:
- Competitive salary based on experience and language level
- 1 day working from home per week
- 25 vacation days
- 8% holiday allowance
- non-contributory pension plan
- Travel allowance and working from home allowance
- 20% discount on their products
Our client is a rapidly growing international online retailer. They offer indoor and outdoor furniture. They are continually expanding their product range and offer the best products for the best price. They like to go the extra mile for their customers by improving popular products and making them even cheaper. They operate across multiple nations and have plans to broaden their geographical reach in the coming years. The procurement operations are primarily centered in Asia, with sales extending throughout Europe, Australia, and the United States. Additionally, expansion into several countries within South America, the Middle East, and Asia is on the horizon.