Associate professor | School of Health Professions Education (SHE) | Department of Educational Development and Research | 0.8-1.0 fte
Updated: 20 Sep 2023
This position is embedded within the Department of Educational Development & Research (O&O). We contribute to educational innovation and research and offer support to teachers, educational coordinators and leaders within the various bachelor’s and master’s programs of the FHML in the following four domains: Faculty Development, Instructional Design and e-Learning, Evaluation and Assessment. As an associate professor at the Department of Educational Development & Research, you will participate in research that is part of the School of Health Professions Education (SHE). SHE is one of 6 graduate schools at FHML and focuses on a range of research topics relevant to health professions education.
In this job, you take a leading role in educational innovations and research within the domain of learning and curriculum design addressing questions such as how to embed technology in a curriculum, how to tailor a curriculum to the needs of learners.
- You take a leading and pioneering role in innovation and research in the domain of learning and curriculum design;
- You take a leading role in two of the four domains/task forces;
- You inspire the leaders and coordinators of the FHML bachelor and master programs to innovative their programs;
- You fulfill teaching roles, such as tutor, mentor, and course coordinator roles;
- You conduct scientific research and further develop your line of research resulting in international peer reviewed journal articles;
- You take a leading role in supervising PhD candidates and other researchers and apply for research grants;
- You take on coordinating and management responsibilities in education and/or research.
- You have completed relevant training (MSc) in educational sciences, psychology or social sciences or in the health domain with additional qualifications in education.
- You have a doctoral degree (PhD).
- You have expertise in the domain of learning, instruction and curriculum design, from a theoretical, empirical and practical perspective as evidenced by scientific publications.
- You have preferably supervised three completed PhD candidates as a (co-)supervisor.
- You have acquired various grants.
- You hold a teaching qualification certificate and have broad teaching experience.
- You have good communication and organization skills.
- You are a team worker and are active in relevant national and international networks.
- You have leadership skills.
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
As a position name at the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, you will be employed by the most international university of the Netherlands, located in the beautiful city of Maastricht. In addition, we offer you:
- A position in a group that is prominent in the field of health care education innovations and research.
- Good employment conditions. The position is in grated in scale 13 according to the UFO profile Associate professor, function level 2 with corresponding salary ranging from € 6.002 to € 7.305 gross per month (based on a full-time employment of 38 hours per week). In addition to the monthly salary, an 8.0% holiday allowance and an 8.3% year-end bonus are applicable.
- An employment contract for a period of 12 months with a scope of 0.8-1.0 FTE. If proven suitable, the employment contract will be converted into an indefinite contract.
- As Family-friendly University, we offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home if the nature of your position allows it. You will receive a monthly commuting and internet allowance for this. If you work full-time, you will be entitled to 29 vacation days and 4 additional public holidays per year, namely carnival Monday, carnival Tuesday, Good Friday, and Liberation Day. If you choose to accumulate compensation hours, an additional 12 days will be added. Furthermore, you can personalize your employment conditions through a collective labor agreement (CAO) choice model.
- As Maastricht University, we offer various other excellent secondary employment conditions. These include a good pension scheme with the ABP and the opportunity for UM employees to participate in company fitness and make use of the extensive sports facilities that we also offer to our students.
- Last but certainly not least, we provide the space and facilities for your personal and professional development. We facilitate this by offering a wide range of training programs and supporting various well-established initiatives such as 'acknowledge and appreciate'.
The terms of employment at Maastricht University are largely set out in the Collective Bargaining Agreement of Dutch Universities. In addition, local provisions specific to UM apply. For more information, Click here
30.4 - 40 hours per week