Assistant Professor in Business Analytics (Tenure Track with Focus on Education)
Updated: 13 Oct 2021
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) offers a tenure track position for a business analytics scientist with a passion for education, to strengthen our team, and who would like to work in a vibrant and growing international academic community. The main focus of this position is on education. The position will consist of teaching (60 %), research (20%) and (education) management (20 %).
The assistant professorship position is linked to the Management of Technology (MOT) master program. This unique two-year interdisciplinary MSc program recruits excellent students from all across the world who have a bachelor degree in engineering and who specialize in technology and innovation management through their Masters. The programme is acknowledged for the overall quality of the programme as reflected by favourable student evaluations and favourable reviews by Educational Assessment Committees. The program has seen a vast growth in the number of students (120 in 2020), and is updated on a regular basis.
A growing number of companies rely on the use of algorithms and data analysis methods as part of their business process. MOT engineers are more often required to act as data engineers and are responsible for new forms of management based on algorithms and data analysis. In order to prepare our engineers, the MOT curriculum has strengthened its emphasis on data and business management.
We are looking for an assistant professor with a passion for teaching. The assistant professor is expected to:
• Teach, develop, and coordinate both Master and Bachelor courses related to business mathematics and statistics, big data, data analytics and AI with a strong focus on innovation management.
• Supervise bachelor and master theses.
• Contribute to the development of the MOT curriculum, both off-line and on-line.
• Perform research on business analytics in innovation management processes of firms.
• Perform (educational) management tasks.
The candidate should have:
• A PhD degree in business analytics or a related discipline, such as data/computer science, business intelligence, or related fields of data analysis.
• A demonstrated passion for academic research that is linked to real-world managerial problems, which can create impact both to the academic community and the business community.
• Experience and a strong affinity with academic teaching,
• Willingness to work in teams and in a multidisciplinary environment
• A UTQ degree (University Teaching Qualification) or willingness to obtain this degree.
• Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
• Command of the Dutch language is desirable, or a willingness to develop this, with support from the university.
A tenure-track position is offered for six years. In the fifth year we’ll decide if you will be offered a permanent faculty position, based on performance indicators agreed upon at the start of the appointment. We expect that you have the potential to grow towards an Associate Professor and/or Full Professor role in the future.
Inspiring, excellent education is our central aim. We expect you to obtain a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) within three years if you have less than five years of teaching experience. This is provided by the TU Delft UTQ programme.
TU Delft sets high standards for the English competency of the teaching staff. The TU Delft offers training to improve English competency. If you do not speak Dutch, we offer courses to learn the Dutch language within three years.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
36 - 40 hours per week