Take a tour of the Netherlands’ beautiful tulip fields
It won’t be long before tulip season is upon us once again. Do you want to experience the bright and colourful flower fields in a truly unique way? Take Renzy’s Tulip & Flower Fields Self-Drive Tour and go off the beaten track, away from all the buses filled with tulip trampling tourists!
Join the fun, book now!
Grab the kids and get ready for the tulip tour
Whizz around the breathtaking tulip and flower fields of the most colourful region of the Netherlands at your own pace and off the tourist track with the drive-it-yourself tulip and flower fields GPS audio tour by Renzy. Bypass all the tourists standing around, and head out on country roads instead for completely unobstructed, expansive views of the stunning tulips and flowers in a 100 percent electric-powered Renault Twizy, each suitable for 2 people.
Go off the beaten track and discover the tulip gardens
With Renzy, take a self-guided 20 km fixed GPS route amongst the colourful tulip and flower fields, and the tour includes a stop at an authentic tulip bulb farm! The audio guide tells you all the ins and outs of the area and shares cool tulip facts. Renzy does not follow tour bus routes but instead goes off the beaten tourist track. Cruise on country roads by the flowering tulips and park your Twizy at the side of the road to admire the sea of flowers up close.
Treasure hunt for kids family package
For families with kids up to 4 people (2 adults and 2 kids aged 4-18 years), Renzy offers a challenging treasure hunt "Crack the code from the safe". During this hunt, the kids search for the secret code with which they can open the safe after the tour and win a cool prize! It's an interactive and educational tour, where the children will learn everything there is to know about the Dutch iconic tulip.
Drive yourself around in eco-friendly e-cars
Driving a Renault Twizy is super easy and fun: on the road, you certainly attract a lot of attention! The Twizy is 100 percent electric and super silent, so your tour is environmentally friendly and gentle on your ears. This is a self-guided private tour, so only your group will participate. In short, this is a unique and corona proof tulip experience for travellers, couples, families with kids, small groups, tulip aficionados, and anyone looking for an unforgettable trip off the beaten track.
The best time to visit the tulip fields in gorgeous bloom is from the beginning of April to early May. But it is - and remains - a natural occurrence so nobody is never 100 percent sure when the tulip fields are in bloom! You can book the tulip field tour, including GPS navigation and audio guide, from mid-March to early May. Discover the Flower Bulb Region and the traditional Dutch landscape in an original and unforgettable way. Book your tour at Renzy today!
What you get on the tour
The following things are included in the tulip tour:
- 1 fully charged electric Renault Twizy suitable for 2 people (2 adults or 1 adult + 1 child 4-18 years)
- GPS navigation available in Dutch, English and German with a 20 km fixed route through the Flower Bulb Region
- A fixed route along the tulip and flower fields including and to a tulip farm
- Audio guide available in Dutch, English and German with the all ins and outs of the area and cool tulip facts
- Family package available (2 Renault Twizies suitable for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 4-18 years) with challenging Treasure hunt (available in Dutch, English and German) with the chance of a great prize at the end
- The tulip GPS audio tour takes 120 minutes, including enough time to stop and admire the tulips from up close
Discover the Flower Bulb Region and the traditional Dutch landscape in an original and unforgettable way. Book your tour on Renzy today!
For the ultimate experience, book the evening tour! Enjoy the sun setting slowly on all those beautiful flower fields. Guaranteed to make all your Insta followers jealous!
Pricing & Timetable
You can book Renzy’s Tulip & Flower Fields Tour, including GPS navigation and audio guide, from mid-March to early May. The best time to visit the tulips and tulip fields in gorgeous bloom is from the beginning of April to early May. But it is and remains a natural product so we are never 100% sure when the tulip fields are in bloom.
A family tour (2 adults + 2 kids, aged 4 to 18 years) - 145 euros for a 120-minute GPS audio tour in a Renault Twizy
No kids? - 97 euros for a 120-minute tour in a Renault Twizy (suitable for 2 adults or 1 adult and 1 child)
Available time slots:
- From 10am to 12pm
- From 1pm to 3pm
- From 4pm to 6pm
- From 7pm to 9pm
This year, you can take advantage of Renzy's early bird discount to secure the best time slots in April and May. Simply enter the discount code tulips2022 at checkout for 10 percent off. The code is valid until March 31 so book quickly to avoid disappointment!
If you want to take the tour, you'll have to adhere to the following:
- The driver has to be 21+ years old, have a valid ID and driving licence and at least 3 years driving experience
- A refundable deposit of 150 euros must be made, to be paid with a credit card, PIN (they offer the possibility to refund PIN) or cash
- Own risk amounts to 500 euros per reserved car
- If you are not from Europe, North America, South America or Australia, please bring an international driver's license if you do not have a driver's license in English
- If there is a second driver, make sure he / she also brings a passport or ID and driver's license
- No alcohol is allowed during the tour
Tulip tour checklist
Some extra info and tips before you go:
- The start and end location is Meer en Duin 36 in Lisse
- Arrive 30 minutes before the start of your GPS audio tour to check-in, pay the deposit and get instructions from the staff
- Tip: You are advised to dress warmly and in layers. From late March to early May, the temperatures can differ from 5 to 20+ degrees. Moreover, as the cars don't have windows, it can get quite windy.
- Child car seats are available for children from 1 to 12 years old
Don’t wait too long to book your tickets, Renzy’s tulip tours were sold out fast last season!
Renzy has taken precautions in response to COVID-19. Vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before each tour. Users must disinfect their hands before taking the tour. Renzy also practices strict social distancing of 1,5 metres during instruction and check-in.
Directions and public transport
Make sure you arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled tour, to make time for an explanation by Renzy staff. Renzy is located in Lisse and is only 850 metres from the entrance to the famous Keukenhof, easily accessible by car or public transport. If you plan to come by car, click here for directions.
If you are coming via public transport, buses arrive at the entrance to Keukenhof and then you'll need to walk 850 metres to Renzy.
Here are the buses you can take and their originating stations:
- Bus number 852 (Amsterdam RAI Station)
- Bus number 858 (Schiphol Airport Station)
- Bus number 859 (Hoofddorp Station)
- Bus number 50 (Haarlem Station)
- Bus number 854 (Leiden Station)
- Bus number 90 (Noordwijk / Katwijk Station)
Check out these other Renzy tours!
In addition to these tulip tours, there are two other kids tours that include the treasure hunt from May 10 until October 31:
- Dune and Beach GPS audio Kids tour
- Countryside and Castles GPS audio kids tour
No Kids? Renzy also offers GPS tours for couples and friends - anyone looking for an unforgettable self-drive experience! They can show you around some of Holland’s best dunes, beaches, windmills and countrysides and they have had many happy customers!
Leave a comment