If you want to start your own business then you will come in contact with the Kamer van Koophandel (KvK), the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. The KvK not only helps to get your business up-and-running by assisting with the initial administration, but they can also give you advice on doing business and can help to promote your business in the local area.
KvK Responsibilities & Duties
The responsibilities and duties of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce include:
- Helping create a business plans for entrepreneurs.
- Registering your business.
- Registering you as a freelancer (or ZZP'er).
- Allowing access to the trade register.
- Providing advice and help on running a business.
- Stimulating business growth in the local area.
Here is a list of all Kamer van Koophandel (KvK) offices.
Offices are open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You must make an appointment before you visit.