Coronavirus update: Extra measures for the Netherlands
Last week, new measures were announced to slow the spread of coronavirus in the Netherlands. These included things like working from home, the cancellation of events with more than 100 visitors and the closing of museums, etc. Now, extra measures have been announced and the end date for these measures has been extended to April 6.
Death toll at 20
According to the latest figures from the RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and Environment), another 10 people died over the weekend and the number of infections increased to 1135 people. The deceased ranged in age from 59 to 94. The majority were over 70 and had underlying medical conditions. In total, 162 patients are or have been admitted to hospitals in the Netherlands.
Schools shut and other measures
When the first set of measures were announced, these did not include shutting primary or secondary schools, much to the outrage of parents and other parties. Now, however, with the latest measures, schools and daycare centres will remain shut until April 6.
For children whose parents work for the police, care sector, fire brigade, public transport or other areas crucial during the outbreak, care has been made available at schools and daycare centres so that the parents can continue to work. The other measures are as follows:
- Teachers will continue to educate students, albeit from a distance, giving priority to students preparing for their finals in secondary school and MBO.
- All food and drink establishments (bars and restaurants) will be closed until April 6.
- Exercise and fitness clubs, saunas, sex clubs and coffee shops will be closed until April 6.
- Everyone is asked to keep a distance of 1,5 metres from others, even when getting groceries at the supermarket.
- Previous measures have been extended to April 6.
Are you worried about having symptoms? Read Coronavirus: What are the symptoms and how can you avoid getting it.
Leave a comment
Kirit 12:14 | 16 March 2020
minasolanki 12:32 | 16 March 2020
OliverJP 16:46 | 16 March 2020
minasolanki 16:57 | 16 March 2020
arianna.gasperini 23:00 | 17 March 2020
minasolanki 15:53 | 18 March 2020
3106Mariah 23:19 | 17 March 2020
minasolanki 15:54 | 18 March 2020
Fiona Ryn 07:41 | 27 March 2020
minasolanki 09:19 | 27 March 2020
Deme Vlad 10:48 | 28 March 2020
gooner68 12:22 | 31 March 2020