Assistant Professor in Sustainable Business Ecosystem Dynamics (Tenure Track)
Updated: 25 Sep 2023
Are you an accomplished academic with a focus on Sustainable Business Ecosystem Dynamics? Does your research and teaching relate to topics including strategic supply chain networks, innovation management, entrepreneurship, strategic management, and organisation theory? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to education and research in a multi-disciplinary setting at a highly regarded university? If yes, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Business management and Organisation Group (BMO) at Wageningen University and Research is looking for an enthusiastic assistant professor with academic expertise in the area of Sustainable Business Ecosystem Dynamics and demonstrated ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary setting.
As an Assistant Professor, you and your future colleagues will investigate how businesses address societal challenges, transitioning towards running a more sustainable business, particularly in the agrifood and life science domains. Businesses can act individually or as part of a supply/value chain network and ecosystem. We perform research towards novel frameworks based on core management and organisation theories, and we teach new generations of professionals about what is involved in managing business transition.
In this challenging career trajectory, you will:
- Engage in research projects examining how businesses are responding to societal demands, particularly in their shift towards sustainable methodologies in the agrifood and life science sectors.
- Develop and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate courses related to business management, sustainability, and organizational dynamics.
- Collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team to devise novel frameworks grounded in core management and organisation theories.
- Supervise MSc and BSc students in their research endeavors.
- Contribute to the department's overall strategy and objectives.
Tenure Track is a career path for scientists who pursue to excel in education and research. We seek to attract scientific talent and to stimulate and support their development.
The tentative starting date is January 2024.
To further strengthen BMO your profile should have:
- A completed PhD in a relevant social science discipline;
- Experience or affinity with ‘Wageningen’-themes such as agrifood, sustainability, life science, science for impact;
- Open-mindedness to explore the BMO group-related fields of interest such as sustainability, collaboration in value networks, innovation, and entrepreneurship;
- Proven research qualities as shown by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of renowned conferences;
- Relevant and well-evaluated teaching experience and supervision of MSc / BSc students;
- Experience with diverse and international working environments;
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- An enthusiastic and creative team player with leadership potential;
- Excellent English communication and writing skills (a minimum of CEFR C2 level). For more information about this proficiency level, please visit our special language page.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment. A few highlights from our Collective Labour Agreement include:
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation / holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
In addition to these first-rate employee benefits, you will be offered a fixed-term, 7 year contract which, upon positive evaluation based on criteria elaborated in the University's Tenure Track policy, can lead to a permanent employment contract as professor. Depending on your experience, we offer a competitive gross salary of between € 4.332 and € 5.929 for a full-time working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreements for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU) (scale 11).
Wageningen University & Research encourages internal advancement opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are plenty of options for personal initiative in a learning environment, and we provide excellent training opportunities. We are offering a unique position in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
You are going to work at the greenest and most innovative campus in Holland, and at a university that has been chosen as the “Best University” in the Netherlands for the 18th consecutive time.
Coming from abroad
Wageningen University & Research is the university and research centre for life sciences. The themes we deal with are relevant to everyone around the world and Wageningen, therefore, has a large international community and a lot to offer to international employees.
Our team of advisors on Dutch immigration procedures will help you with the visa application procedures for yourself and, if applicable, for your family.
Feeling welcome also has everything to do with being well informed. Wageningen University & Research's International Community page contains practical information about what we can do to support international employees and students coming to Wageningen. Furthermore, we can assist you with any additional advice and information about helping your partner to find a job, housing, schooling. For instance under the "30% rule", certain categories of international staff can receive tax exemption on approximately 30% of their gross salary.
38 hours per week