Business information analist
Updated: 26 Mar 2020
In this role you will be supporting the Shell Chemical (PODer) Commercial team.
You will help them by transfering data between systems while carefully analysing all the work that needs to be done.
The importance in your role lies in seeing chances to make improvements and how to create more efficiency.
In this role you will be dealing with:
- Data management w.r.t:
- Demand forecast for various products
- Demand and supply analytics
- Integration w.r.t
- Price for the portfolio via reports (Power BI/Excel based)
- Various IT platforms (like OMP, GSAP, pricing viewer)
- Various pricing Reports
- Financial reporting tools
- Processes Improvement & tool development / deployment to support:
- To support forecast upload & input into IT platform
- Uniformity and coherence within the product portfolio
We are looking for a proactive candidate who is excellent in reading raw data and drawing the right conclusion from this data.
A curious mind will always be helpfull when trying to do the work in a more efficient way. As you will also be advising the team good communication skills are a big plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Affinity with IT systems – familiarity with GSAP is a must. OMP & Power BI an added advantage
- Excellence in analytics (mastery in Excel)
- Proactive behavior and operate with a high degree of independence, initiative, showing good judgment
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented
- Team player, handling heavy work load from time to time
- Champions Continuous Improvement
40 hours per week
The city centre of Rotterdam is the location of Shell Nederland Verkoopmaatschappij.
The company does not only shell fuel and oils but also takes care of the buying of raw materials and the transport of all Shell products. The most visible selling points are our service stations that you can find along the highways. In the past decennia these have grown to locations where a driver is able to find what ever they need. Apart from fuel you can think of many services and many different products like sandwiches, snacks, soda's and in some cases even supermarket items. Not only the people who drive on the roads, but also the industries, electricity plants, agriculture, maritime shipping and airtraffic are important SNV customers. The sales are made directly to the clients, through depots of traders or through our own network of salespoints.
Shell Chemicals works with raw materials:
- Countless products that we all use every day in our homes, our cars, at work or while we relax owe their beginnings to these key raw materials that we provide. Shell Chemicals manufacture and supply a wide range of these ‘building blocks’ to large industrial customers in all parts of the world.
- One of the Shell Chemicals product lines is propylene oxide and its principal derivatives (PODer). Foams in furniture and car seats, artificial sports tracks, building insulation, waterproof clothing and aircraft de-icers are just some of the many ultimate applications of propylene oxide.