DevOps Engineer - AWS Migration
Posted: 01 Dec 2023
DevOps Engineer - AWS Migration
We are seeking experienced Devops Engineers to join our team at Swisscom for an exciting project involving AWS migration. As a Devops engineer, you will play a key role in migrating and operating applications on the AWS cloud platform. You will work closely with platform engineers and application engineers to ensure a successful migration and efficient operation of the application infrastructure.
What you move?
- Work on new applications development for different functional areas within Swisscom
- Collaborate with the team to design, plan, and execute the migration of applications and infrastructure to iAWS.
- Maintain the automated infrastructure. This means lifecycle upgrades of EKS clusters, databases, argoCD versions and others.
- Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines for efficient application deployment and release management.
- Monitor and troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues, ensuring high availability and performance using tools like CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, or ELK stack.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth coordination and communication during the migration process.
- Implement and follow best practices for security, scalability, and disaster recovery in AWS.
Why you succeed
- If you are a motivated and skilled Software Engineer with proven DevOps and SRE experience looking to join a dynamic team for an AWS migration project, we would love to hear from you. Join us at Swisscom and be a part of this exciting opportunity to shape the future of our application infrastructure.
- Expertise in java development is a must have
- AWS Services: EKS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Programming Skills: Ability to write stable and standardized Code in Java or Python for backend and angular for frontend.
- CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or similar.
- Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Helm.
- Monitoring and Observability: CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented and distributed environment.
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, K8S), TELCO experience, GCP or Azure experience and a proactive mentality are a plus.
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate the collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
in it for you?
way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life
flexibility, opportunity and growth
office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
relocation support (Housing, settling in, etc.) for you and your family
allowance and contribution to health insurance
training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
and home office allowance
subscription, Tax advice, and language course
from abroad possibility for a fixed term
bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays