Learning Developer for Open, Online & Blended Education
Updated: 14 Feb 2020
Will you help us to make the most of digital technology to deliver innovative open, online and blended courses for lifelong learners, professionals and students? Do you have a passion for the potential for technology in education? Are you an experienced and creative learning developer to join our course development team? Working closely with colleagues from across the university you will bring pedagogical and platform expertise as well as a practical approach to the design and the development of blended and online courses and short programs. Your project management skills contribute to your success in this role as you will be responsible for managing multiple projects.
Your tasks include the following:
- Guiding course teams in the entire process of designing, producing, delivering and evaluating online or blended courses or programmes.
- Devise complex technical methods and processes to meet new and unique eLearning and web requirements and resolve technical problems.
- Work independently and interact effectively with various faculty in the TU Delft organisation.
- Recognise, recommend and participate in the development of standards and procedures that support quality improvement in the Delft Extension School and products for our students.
- Provide project management for learning projects with tight deadlines. These projects bring together people from various departments and backgrounds to develop content, technical specifications and functional prototypes for the Extension School.
- Develop and provide workshops and trainings for academic staff.
- Meet all internal deadlines according to project plan regardless of project limitations.
- Participate in educational innovation projects for online courses and in the TU Delft Teaching Lab.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Master of Education (MEd) in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or related experience plus 1 year recent curriculum design and/or course development experience in online education;
- Keen sense of organisation and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to handle unforeseen difficulties and obstacles with ease;
- Excellent team player that is able to work on complex projects with a group of other course developers;
- Ability to work on a tight, rapidly-changing schedule;
- Experience with using ICT in education, such as digital assessment, e-moderating, online teaching methods and platforms;
- A committed consultant with strong communication skills in English; mastery of Dutch is a plus;
- Experience in higher education;
- Experience as a teacher of open or online education is a plus.
- Experience with edX and D2L Brightspace are a plus.
The position is for 36-40 hours (1.0 FTE) a week. This is a one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal. The position is Scale 11 with a maximum gross monthly salary of €4.978 for a full-time appointment. In addition, TU Delft offers an attractive package of fringe benefits, such as a flexible working week, a health insurance discount, and the option to annually set terms and conditions of employment on an individual basis. Furthermore, an International Childcare Centre is located on campus, including childcare facilities, before/after-school care, and an international primary school. Our Dual Career Services department can also assist your partner to join you in Delft. The salary and terms and conditions of employment are based on the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO NU).
36 - 40 hours per week