Global Sales Manager
Updated: 19 Jun 2019
We’re one of the fastest growing fitness tech scale-ups in the world. And we’re on a mission to make the world a healthier and happier place. Yes, that’s a huge dream - we love to think big and solve tough problems.
At Virtuagym, we are building products for fitness entrepreneurs who are on their own mission of supporting their customers in adopting a healthy lifestyle. Our tools help these entrepreneurs in not only supporting their customers, but also in finding new customers. We’re currently in hyper-growth mode and by adding more and more fitness entrepreneurs, we will get closer to making the world a healthier and happier place.
We believe that, in a most perfect world, a product sells itself. But we don’t live in a perfect world. We live in a world full of noise and distraction; one where customers buy from people, not from brands. Customers have increasingly high standards for what companies have to offer as well as the story and promise that comes with that offer. As our ‘Global Sales Manager’, you will be in charge of improving the ways of telling our stories which will ultimately lead to more new customers than ever before. You will be doing this with your team of brilliant Account Executives across both EMEA as well as the US.
You bring a unique mix of talents to the table. First and foremost, you keep the customer at the center of what we do. Your commercial awareness will help us spot new opportunities, while squeezing everything out of the opportunities that we already have got. Your feeling for technology will help us scale the business without having to keep on hiring as fast as we currently have to do to keep up with our growth. Your operational excellence helps solve for bottlenecks while we keep improving the experience for employees, customers and partners. Last but not least, your outstanding people management skills will help our teams reach new heights and will help us grow the future leaders of our company.
You will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the industry including an awesome founding team, amazing investors and flagship customers. You will be reporting to the Global Director, New Customers, based in our HQ in Amsterdam (NL).
Who You Are and What You Have Done So Far:
- You're empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes;
- You’re a creator who wants to get stuff done as fast as possible while always keeping the big picture at the center of what you do;
- You love to set your own course; you make things happen without someone saying so;
- You've got a bias towards action - you love to get your hands dirty and avoid unnecessary meetings;
- You’re a keen talent evaluator and love identifying future sales superstars;
- Excellent motivator; you know how to find what really drives people and build around those motivations;
- An ability to take unpopular decisions and build consensus around it
Things You Might Do:
- Collaborate with Operations and Sales leadership to continuously update and define TAM;
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Virtuagym's product, value, competitors, and industry trends;
- Develop and manage sales operating budgets; lead sales input in forecasting;
- Develop sales methodology in partnership with sales leadership and create training plans around it to ensure adoption;
- Present & own your sales strategy to the Board of Directors, whom you will interact with regularly;
- Hire, develop, coach and manage a strong team of Sales Executives to meet and exceed sales objectives
40 hours per week
Please do not hesitate to apply. For any questions, please call the recruitment team at +31 20 808 2868