Merchandise Planner - Temporary
Updated: 24 Sep 2021
- Understanding of divisional processes and development calendar, monitoring performance and development of multiple seasons;
- Seasonal planning in alignment to seasonal and yearly targets, on growth drivers, merchandise flow and optimal balance product fashionability mix;
- Executing continuous check and balance on seasonal collection development and forecasts, liaising with Product Merchandisers, Product Development, Merchandise Planning Manager and Buying&Planning;
- Attending key milestone meetings such as MCR and Pricing Meetings;
- Post-Seasonal in-depth analyses on collection performance, as input for Range Plan targets;
- Converting conclusions from analyses into Powerpoint slides;
- Updating and maintaining periodic master data reports and workbooks;
- Being an ambassador and driver towards Product Merch and Product Developers to use Tableau and master data reports;
- Handling detailed data requests from Product Merch outside of Tableau and master data reports;
- Identifying master data quality issues in reports;
- Involvement as Expert in new projects within GMPM.
A competitive salary will be offered in accordance with your experience and knowledge.
The ideal candidate:
* Advanced knowledge of Excel, understanding how big datasets are build;
* Must be an effective communicator, able to manage expectations with different stakeholders and prioritize during conflicting deadlines;
* Proactive attitude with ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with ad hoc deadlines;
* Methodical, numerical and analytical mindset;
* 1 - 2 years planning experience in a commercial industry;
* Team player and flexibility in working hours e.g. overtime in peak periods;
* Medior knowledge Powerpoint;
* Prior understanding of merchandising and merchandise planning is preferred;
* Excellent communication skills in English, both written as verbal.
You will run deep-dive analyses on collection performance, and support the Merchandise Planning Manager in translating the conclusions in storylines presentable to a wider audience. As a skilled user of data sources, you will be an ambassador for data usage in divisions. You will work closely with merchandise teams and product development teams on collection performance and range plan targets. In parallel, you are involved and updated on product strategies and process improvement projects sitting in the General Merchandising and Product Management team.