Senior Data Engineer
Updated: 13 Feb 2020
We are working with a major accommodation leader, currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer – focussed on cloud (ideally AWS, but GCP would be ok also – every cloud…) and data structures – to join one of Amsterdam’s best known platforms.
Data is at the core of the company, directly embedded in their values. You will work on the data infrastructure that underpins this value and directly impacts product development and new features.
What to expect:
As Senior Data Engineer you will be working alongside Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Product Managers in the end-to-end life cycle of AWS-based, data-intensive systems. You will be responsible for developing complex and automated AWS data pipelines from source to cloud that are highly-scalable, reliable and fault-tolerant. You will also be building the infrastructure required to deliver custom Machine Learning models and projects into production. Day-to-day you will be developing and testing your models, pipelines and data streams on a platform that handles billions of events – in a flexible, diverse and autonomous team.
- Extensive hands-on experience implementing data structures on the cloud, using the likes of Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, DynamoDB and S3 on AWS, for example.
- Experience developing both batch and stream processing pipelines. Kafka, Flink or Spark would be a plus here.
- Programming experience with Python and SQL.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and containerisation is an advantage also.
- Strong Communication Skills and a sociable character: a good sparring partner for your international teammates who love to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Autonomous – and value your freedom: you can independently demonstrate a creative approach to developing products and show off your entrepreneurial side.
- No corporate talk: a real team with autonomy and responsibility enjoying building a great product together.
- A true tech culture focussed on knowledge sharing, guilds, meet-ups and attending conferences.
- Highly social company, with team dinners and trips part of the culture.