Updated: 09 Jun 2022
- Do you want to make an impact from the start within an organization, where you build and improve a scalable system & with a small and autonomous team?
- Would you like to be a Front end Developer building mainly in React, TypeScript and also have Back end Node responsibilities?
- Have you always wanted to work with an experienced CTO who contributed to Amazon’s growth when the company was still under the radar?
- How about working in a start-up environment with lots of freedom and ownership of the product, but under the wings of a successful & stable parent company that has been in the market for 15 years, good terms, and one of the nicest offices in Amsterdam (if you don’t work from home)?
Sounds good, right? Don’t wait any longer and read on!
Your employer: Build a high-performance and scalable system from the ground up that processes over 1 billion requests per day!
Since the beginning of the online world, this market has been growing continuously. The innovative parent company of this Amsterdam-based tech company has been capitalizing on this development by helping their clients maximize the potential of online.
The organization is driven by innovation and continuous growth and learning, both for the organization and the people. This is reflected in, for example, a generous training budget and participation in conferences. It is a medium-sized company with a product that is going to make an impact on a huge number of customers and which lies under the wings of an already successful parent company. Yet the size is still small enough to taste and feel the scale-up atmosphere and, for example, to be able to have a lot of autonomy and impact on the end result.
They are now gearing up for further success by building their own online technology platform, which will process over half a billion requests a day! You’ll be targeting a very specific niche that is in high demand, with customers already lining up. And you’ll help design, engineer, and build from the ground up!
So the stage the organization is at is very interesting to get into. You’ll have a lot of impact and ownership within the product and also be able to really contribute to the growth of yourself and the platform.
The main stack used is React, TypeScript, Node as well as Kafka, Kubernetes, and GCP. The highly available and scalable system is built in a microservices architecture and you get a lot of freedom to contribute to building the MVP (Minimal Viable Product) with your own input.
Tech stack: React, TypeScript, Node, Kafka, Kubernetes & GCP
As the product grows, you as a Medior can grow into a Senior are be able to contribute to the expansion of the teams and you may even grow into the role of Tech Lead in the future.
What is required?
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experienced in React, TypeScript & Node
- Node experience and experience with data structures & algorithms is a plus
- Good communication & clear explanation
- A BSc or higher degree (or demonstrable comparable work experience)
- Experience with GCP and/or Kubernetes is a big plus
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines
What is offered?
- Between €60,000 and €70,000 gross per annum, based on experience and added value
- The opportunity to work 32, 36, or 40 hours
- 10% year-end bonus
- Solid pension
- 25 holiday days
- Flexible working hours & possibilities to work from home
- Packed lunches
- Solid budget for training, conferences, and books
Then apply directly using the form below or email your CV to Daan van der Mark at [email protected].
32 hours (Parttime) hours per week