Updated: 03 Jun 2023
Finance / Accounting
You will join a small team of 5 people, 1 Finance Manager - 2 Credit Controllers and 2 Accountants
What will you do?
- This accounting role combines with Accounts Payable tasks.
- Performing all invoice processing and payment for designated countries
- Processing and booking all supplier, customer, intercompany invoices and expense reports with timely follow-up on issues related to invoice matching
- Preparing VAT return and Intrastat
- Coordination of monthly intercompany balance confirmation, resolving variances
- Initiating, processing and booking intercompany payment
- Preparation and submission of actual month results into global reporting system
- Performing bank reconciliation daily
- Performing month-end accounting and administration, including balance sheet reconciliation
- Processing the journal entries related to month-end close, reconciling G/L accounts
- Participation in specific projects
- Providing all information required for audit review of financial statements and corporation tax
Who are you?
- Working knowledge of IFRS/US GAAP (open for other GAAP as well) and double-entry bookkeeping
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in a similar field
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel
- Oracle knowledge preferred, not a must
- Speak fluent English and Dutch is a must
- Understanding of internal control preferred
- Statutory financials preparation preferred
- Self-starter with ‘can do’ attitude, managing competing priorities
- Customer-focussed, dedicated to go beyond the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Open-minded, enjoying work in a diverse environment
- Ability to be flexible in a changing environment and working extra hours when business requires
- Used to working independently
- This is a long term and full time position
- The salary is between € 50K per year gross, based on full time (40 hours per week). The salary is depending on work experience and education. The salary is including 8% holiday money.
- Commuting allowance covered, only for days worked in the office
- You may work from home, minimum 2 days at the office (Days can be discussed with the Finance manager)
- The first contract will be a 7 months contract directly with our client - renewable
- 27 holidays leave per year
About the company:
Our client is an international company which is the innovator in ultrasound machines. The company is based in Amsterdam.
The finance team is small, total 5 people. The company has legal entities in France, Spain, UK and Germany.