SAP Consultant | German
Updated: 23 Sep 2021
Our client is seeking a bilingual (German/English) SAP Consultant to join their growing team. As an SAP Consultant, you will implement innovative solutions at client sites across Europe, and guide them through the full implementation cycle from concept to launch. You are a team player who loves to be hands-on, especially in an SAP ERP environment.
You will customize or enhance functionality of the product to ensure clients are the happiest in the industry. Additionally, you will serve as the eyes and ears of the company, transforming client feedback into product innovation.
You must have an established track record of successful SAP engagements. This individual understand the business problems in accounts payable, procurement, and treasury in relation to SAP (FI, AP, MM) and other ERP solutions. You will translate business opportunities into functional, technical and/or product-requirement documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Drive client workshops to analyze and define business requirements, processes, and objectives.
Implement, customize and test the company's solutions on client system and develop client-specific enhancements in ABAP to meet business requirements.
Develop project documentation, provide knowledge transfer and conduct end-user training.
Work closely with the project manager to provide functional expertise, guidance, and support of the client throughout the project lifecycle and post-go-live.
Work with product development and quality assurance teams to keep product knowledge current, and to contribute to improving the company's software.
- Fluency in German & English
- SAP technical skills – Debugging and ABAP development (coding in user exits).
- SAP functional skills – Configuration and business processes within FI, AP & MM.
- 3-6 years of SAP experience; Procure to Pay and AP Automation business experience preferred. Alternatively, 2-years SAP experience combined with 5 years of Procure to Pay and AP Automation business experience
- Business analyst skills - Ability to gather, analyze and define requirements to develop professional standard solution documentation.
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time as well as lead multiple consultant resources on a project and manage their tasks to completion.
- Ability to manage projects with partner resources.
- Capacity to guide client basis teams to install and configure SAP add-ons.
- Understanding of SaaS solutions, technology and architecture.
- Ability to set the right expectation to customer and project team and deliver the right solution in a timely manner.
- Capable of communicating effectively with a variety of personality styles.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, particularly within a team environment.
- Results-oriented with strong sense of initiative and urgency.
- Comfortable presenting in front of groups of 15+.
Additional skills which are a plus:
- Experience in implementation of AP automation software, preferably from ReadSoft, Dolphin, or Open Text.
- Experience in Java (Groovy) programming and/or debugging.
- S/4 HANA implementation experience.
- Experience is B2B file transfers of data files in EDI, XML, or CSV through sFTP or AS2.
- Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft or Lawson ERP experience.
- Knowledge of SAP AR business processes.
- Pre-sales or solution consulting experience.
This is a full time position in which you will receive a direct contract with the company.
Our client delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.