Welcome to the Amsterdam Area
The Welcome to the Amsterdam Area event is the one-stop-shop for essential advice on living in the Amsterdam area, whether you've just landed or are finding your way. Many of IN Amsterdam’s partners will be on-hand to host workshops and presentations.
As with all events organised by IN Amsterdam, there will be time to ask questions, as well as to mingle with the other attendees. And, of course, the whole thing is free! With many presentations and workshops taking place in three different rooms simultaneously, you can choose the topics that are most important to you. The full schedule of topics will be announced nearer the time.
Welcome to the Amsterdam Area schedule
The schedule of the event is as follows:
- 5.15pm-5.45pm: Doors open
- 5.45pm-7pm: Presentations
- 7pm-7.30pm: Q&A, networking and snacks
About the Welcome to the Amsterdam Area event presentations
Presentations at the Welcome to the Amsterdam Area event last 15 minutes and there is a five-minute break between every presentation to change to another room. After all the presentations, there is time to mingle and ask questions until 7.30pm.
The following presentations will be taking place:
- How to improve your LinkedIn page
- Learn how to speak Dutch
- The Dutch income tax return
- Long term residency and Dutch citizenship
- How to buy and finance your new home
- Employee rights in the event of dismissal and the different types of leave that employees are entitled to in the Netherlands
- Housing in Amsterdam, the different neighbourhoods etc.
This event is free but registration is essential, so register now to secure your place.