Open Day at Taalhuis Amsterdam
Would you like to learn a new language? At Taalhuis Amsterdam you can learn Dutch and (almost all) languages from the Mediterranean Sea. In January, all kinds of language courses will start again (Dutch, Italian, Spanish, French, Greek, Arabic, Turkish, Farsi, Hebrew, English, Catalan and Latin)!
Come to the Open Day on December 17
Taalhuis Amsterdam would be delighted to welcome you to their school! On Saturday 17 December between 2pm and 6pm, the school at Tweede Schinkelstraat 26 will be open for anyone who’d like to stop by to meet the teachers or take trial lessons.
For the trial lessons there’s a maximum number of seats available for each session, so please register using the form on the Taalhuis website to secure your seat. Taalhuis Amsterdam will contact you a few days before the Open Day to provide you with further details of your trial lesson(s).
Open Day programme
Here's the programme of the Open Day:
General information about the school
- 2pm-2.30pm – Welcome, general introduction and Q&A session
- 2.30pm-3pm – All about Dutch lessons and Q&A session (different levels, online and offline classes, books, teaching methods, events, inburgering exams)
- 3pm-3.30pm – Trial lesson Dutch A1.1 (for beginners)
- 3:30pm-4pm – Trial lesson Dutch conversation A2-B1
- 4pm-4.30pm – Trial lesson Dutch conversation B2-C1
- 2.30pm-3pm – All about Italian lessons (hybrid)
- 3pm-4.30pm – Trial lesson Italian (different levels)
- 3.30pm-5.30pm – All about Arabic lessons
- 4pm-4.30pm – All about Greek lessons (hybrid)
- 4.30pm-5pm – Trial lesson Greek A1.1
- 5pm-5:30pm – Trial lesson Greek A2-B1
- 5.30pm-6pm – Trial lesson Greek C1
- 4:30pm-5pm – Trial lesson French A1.1
- 5pm-5.30pm – Trial lesson French conversation A2-B1
- 2:30pm-3pm – Trial lesson Turkish A1.1 (for beginners)
- 3pm-3.30pm – Trial lesson Turkish A2-B1
- 2.30pm -3pm – All about Spanish lessons
- 3pm-3.30pm - Trial lesson Spanish A1.1 (beginners)
- 3.30pm-4pm - Trial lesson Spanish intakes
For Dutch, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish and Greek you can also take the trial lessons online. Please fill in the form on the Taalhuis website to sign up for the sessions and the intakes so that Taalhuis can send you the appropriate Zoom links.
On the open day, you can also buy products from the Greek supermarket Bakaliko, buy Italian handmade and zero waste products from Little Quiet Ideas, handmade jewellery from Fusionne or Broche Magique and taste Maison Genevieve truffels and Italian snacks from Polpetta.
In the Café Mediterranée at Taalhuis, they will be serving fresh crêpes and vin chaud (glühwein) all day! And there will be a small book market where you can exchange books in all languages, and buy books / materials we don't use anymore with discount.
Level assessment for non-beginners
Are you a non-beginner, and unsure what your exact level is? You can register for a personal intake with a teacher for a level assessment, on the Open Day – or any other time that suits you! It will take approximately 15-20 minutes and take place on location or online via Zoom. Please fill in the form on the Taalhuis website and Taalhuis will contact you to arrange a date.
Can't make it to the open day?
Can’t make it to the Open Day? Don't worry, you can always contact Taalhuis Amsterdam for your own personal intake session. Send them an email at [email protected], also if you have other questions!
About Taalhuis Amsterdam
Taalhuis Amsterdam is a house for languages, located in the heart of Amsterdam, where you can learn and improve your Dutch and Mediterranean languages, together with a team of language lovers who have a thrill for text, literature, grammar, culture and delicious coffee. Taalhuis offers group training, private training and tailored in-company workshops, as well as various text and interpreting services.
The Taalhuis team believes that learning a language is more than just books, vocabulary and grammar. They therefore teach in small groups, with as little level difference as possible, creating a safe and “gezellige” atmosphere for all students. The classes are mostly taught in the target language with books in the target language with a communicative approach. Class time is primarily used to train your speaking skills.
Taalhuis also believes that language and culture go hand in hand, so also organizes events outside the classroom. Follow Taalhuis on Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date and know more about new courses, events and the school in general!