Bach's St. Matthew Passion performances in the Netherlands
In the Netherlands, the St. Matthew Passion is the most frequently performed classical musical work in the period before Easter. It is regarded by musicians, scholars and classical music fans alike as one of the true gems of classical music, composed by the great Johann Sebastian Bach.
From March 1 - April 1, it will be performed more than 30 times in some of the most prestigious venues in the country by The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands
The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands
It's the most frequently performed classical musical work in the pre-Easter period. Get tickets now!
The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands consists of a group of professional singers and instrumentalists who are specialised in the performance practice of the baroque era. Years of experience are evident during the dynamic concerts with The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands, in which the orchestra plays on authentic instruments.
The singers, which are carefully selected to blend with the orchestra, possess unique sounds, and the combination of the transparent sound and the flexible voices has already resulted in excellent reviews in Dutch newspapers.
Outstanding internationally renowned soloists have been carefully selected for the performance. Of particular note is the German bass Thilo Dahlmann, singing the part of Christ.
St. Matthew Passion musicians and soloists
The St. Matthew Passion musicians and soloists are:
- Maarten Romkes, Evangelist
- Thilo Dahlmann, Christ
- Olga Zinovieva, soprano
- Meneka Senn, soprano
- Clint van der Linde, countertenor
- Eske Tibben, alto
- Martinus Leusink, tenor
- Jasper Schweppe, bass
- Along with The Bach Choir & Orchestra of the Netherlands
St. Matthew Passion concert dates in the Netherlands
- Zwolle, Academiehuis, Friday, March 1, 7pm
- Leiden, Hooglandse Kerk, Saturday, March 2, 3pm
- Eindhoven, Catharinakerk, Sunday, March 3, 3pm
- Apeldoorn, Grote Kerk, Friday, March 8 at 7pm
- Leusden, AFAS Theatre, Saturday, March 9, 1.30pm & 6.30pm*
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Sunday, March 10, 2.15pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Friday, March 15, 7.30pm
- Rotterdam, Laurenskerk, Saturday, March 16, 3pm & 7pm
- Den Bosch, Hieronymus Bosch Arts Centre, Sunday, March 17, 3pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Wednesday, March 20, 7pm
- Utrecht, Janskerk, Thursday, March 21, 7pm
- Groningen, Martinikerk, Friday, March 27, 7pm
- Leusden, AFAS Theatre, Saturday, March 23, 1.30pm & 6.30pm*
- Nijmegen, Stevenskerk, Sunday, March 24, 12.30pm & 4.15pm
- Leusden, AFAS Theatre, Monday, March 25, 1.30pm & 6.30pm*
- Leusden, AFAS Theatre, Thursday, March 28, 1.30pm & 6.30pm*
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Friday, March 29, 1.30pm
- The Hague, Grote Kerk, Friday, March 29, 7.30pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Saturday, March 30, 2.15pm & 7pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Sunday, March 31, 2.15pm
- Amsterdam, Concertgebouw, Monday, April 1, 2.15pm
* Free masterclass before the concert
Book your tickets
Get a 55 percent discount when you book your tickets via IamExpat. Regular tickets for the performances of St. Matthew Passion cost 90 euros, but for IamExpat readers, there's a special price of 39,95!
Prices shown are excluding the 6,95 euros service costs and surtax of 5 euros at Concertgebouw and AFAS Theatre concerts.