Latin-American Christmas concert at Muziekgebouw with Música Temprana
Muziekgebouw has a track record of holding outstanding Christmas concerts. In the weeks before Christmas, expect to hear an international programme of lively Latin-American music, dramatic Italian baroque sounds and a thoroughly "contemporary" Bach Christmas Oratorio.
Música Temprana plays Latin-American music
The Amsterdam-based ensemble Música Temprana specialises in Latin-American instrumental music predominantly from the Renaissance and Baroque periods.
About Misa Criolla
When languages other than Latin were allowed in the Catholic Church, Argentine composer Ariel Ramírez began writing the Misa Criolla in 1963 out of gratitude for all the help he received during the Second World War. His infectious mix of folk music and Catholic rituals struck a chord with the public imagination. Música Temprana has since made a brilliant recording of the Misa Criolla.
When Adrián Rodríguez Van der Spoel, who was also born in Argentina, founded Música Temprana in the Netherlands in 2001, he could not have imagined that this ensemble would become a great international champion of Latin-American baroque and folk music.
Through its own in-depth research, the ensemble brings out masterpieces from Peru, Bolivia and Argentina, among others, and, with "enthusiastic Latin American devotion", gives arms and legs to the baroque sounds of a continent that has long been neglected.
Adrian Rodriguez van der Spoel
Programme of Latin-American works at Muziekgebouw
- Mario Conde Apachita (Bolivia)
- Anonymous Hanacpachap (Peru)
- Anonymous various songs from Códice Santa Eulalia (Guatemala)
- Anonymous Vamos al lugar amor from Códice Ibarra (Ecuador)
- Gaspar Fernandes Venimo con glan contento (Mexico)
- Gaspar Fernandes ¡Oh !, quién hiciese cosquillas (Mexico)
- Juan García de Zéspedes Convidando está la noche (Mexico)
- Juan Bautista Comes Gozos a Nuestra Señora (Spain)
- Anonymous Bastião, Bastião (Portugal)
- Ariel Ramírez Movements from Navidad Nuestra (Argentina)
Interval at 9pm
- Juan de Araujo Los coflades de la estleya (Bolivia)
- Tomás de Torrejón y Velasco Desvelado dueno mio (Peru)
- Anonymous Sã qui turo zente pleta (Portugal)
- Alfredo Domínguez / Gabriel Aguilera Valdebenito Tres bailecitos (Chile, Bolivia)
- Ariel Ramírez Misa Criolla
This programme is made possible in part by the Performing Arts Fund and the Amsterdam Fund for the Arts.
- Música Temprana
- Adrián Rodríguez Van der Spoel | conductor
Solo singers in Misa Criolla
- Alvaro Pinto Lyon
- Adrián Rodríguez Van der Spoel
Get tickets to the Concerto Copenhagen Christmas concert
Get tickets to the Latin-American early music concert by Música Temprana on the Muziekgebouw website. Ticket prices range from 27 euros to 34 euros. There will be an interval at 9pm.