Just Peace Open Day
The biggest peace festival of the Netherlands takes place in The Hague, to celebrate the worldwide UN International Day of Peace on October 16. For the occasion, many international institutions open their doors, offering guided tours and presentations to the public.
Open day at international organisations in The Hague
Participating institutions include international NGOs, EU, UN and intergovernmental organisations. There are numerous international organisations which typically offering guided tours, panel discussions, presentations and meet and greet sessions.
The Hague International Open Day
The International Day of Peace remains on September 21, but the Open Day takes place on October 16, all The Hague institutions that participate in the Hague International Day every year, together with all Just Peace partners, will show how they work daily for peace and justice, for the wider initiative of the "Just Peace" month.
Here's the list of participating organisations:
- Kosovo Specialist Chambers (KSC) & Specialist Prosecutor's Office (SPO)
- Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT)
- International Criminal Court (ICC)
- Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH)
- International Court of Justice (ICJ)
- Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA)
- The Hague Academy of International Law
- Europe House
- The High Commissioner on National Minorities (HCNM)
- International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP)
- The Hague Humanity Hub
- Justice and Peace
- Netherlands Helsinki Committee (NHC)
- Human Security Collective (HSC)
Plan your visit
This open day is a festival partner of Just Peace Festival, which is occurring simultaneously. There are so many other events happening, as a result, so make the most of these fascinating activities by visiting multiple venues during this celebration of peace.
Plan your visit by checking out the detailed programme of the International Day and checking whether the talks, presentations and tour are in English or Dutch on the official Just Peace Open Day website.
Popular open day in the Netherlands this season
Another popular open day in the Netherlands in autumn is European Heritage Days | Open Monumentendag.